Lead Engineer - Site Reliability Engineering
- Brooklyn Park, MN
Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Lead Engineer, you'll take the lead as you...
Work with a highly talented team of reliability engineers to instrument dependent services for health and alerting. Define SLAs and monitor and enforce with service terms. Debug the most interesting problems on large and complex systems using a wide variety of skills. Consider a system's redundancy, ability to gracefully adjust to outages and make changes to improve end-to-end reliability. Work in partnership with product and services teams to harden dependent systems for availability, tune for performance and efficiency, and ensure timely quotas and capacity. Establish Target SRE best practices to monitor business critical services including health, and manage incident response for issues. Provide active review, analysis and monitoring of all changes and deployments to these business-critical services with authority to approve and reject changes.
Production Engineering and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is a discipline combining software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems, and harden business critical services such as Store Checkout, Digital Payments, and Omnichannel fulfillment experiences, which can span the entire Infrastructure stack. The key goals are to consistently achieve high levels of system availability, security, scalability, performance and efficiency in the systems most critical to achieving the quality experience our Guests expect from Target.
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of combined experience in either (or both): software development experience with a passion for infrastructure or infrastructure experience with development (coding) experience
- Demonstrates broad and deep expertise in multiple computer languages and frameworks (e.g., open source)
- Possesses a high level of comfort with complexity and are driven to discover the unknown
- Designs, develops, and tunes end-to-end functionality of a product line, platform, or infrastructure
- Delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable, and secure deliverables with broad impact (high throughput and low latency)
- Communicates and coordinates with project team, partners, and stakeholders; builds strong relationships within partner teams to support the reliability priorities
- Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top