Lead Engineer, Search Ranking
JOIN OUR TEAM AS LEAD ENGINEER, SEARCH RANKING
Similar titles: Sr. Engineer, Staff Engineer, Technical Lead, Search Lead, Search Engineer, Principal Engineer
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers. You can be a part of developing and launching new services that power all the channels where Target does and will do business – in-store, web, tablet, mobile, and future channels. You’ll have the opportunity to design, develop and support innovative solutions across a variety of applications, platforms and environments, building tomorrow’s technologies in Search, Browse, Product Info, Promotions, Content and Checkout. You’ll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment where success is rewarded. As an engineering tech lead, you own the entire project, define success KPI, and lead and mentor team members.
- Optimize ecommerce search engine ranking parameters.
- Develop new ranking functions for search engine leveraging lexical and behavioral information.
- Evaluate ranking results to predict relevance and business metrics. Check success of improvements with random samples.
- Prove improvements in production leveraging A/B testing methods.
- Monitor and support systems in production.
- 7+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Experience with Solr Search Engine
- Experience in analyzing behavioral data on search systems
- Experience in using Machine Learning techniques
- Proficiency in Java
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to document technical content
- Experience using Hadoop platform for analyzing data
- Experience or exposure with Spark and Hive
- Experience building Solr components such as filters and scoring components
- Experience in Ecommerce industry
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field
Back to top