Lead Engineer - Robotics Process Automation & Chatbots
Description: About This Opportunity
As a Lead Engineer, you will work closely with Product Owner and team in a geographically distributed location (Minneapolis and Bangalore) in building a high performing, cutting edge and highly scalable product. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
About the product - Cognitive Robotics Automation - This as a product group started early 2017 and has morphed into multiple products on digital robotics. The automation vision extends across touchpoint of humans to machines and human to human. The vision led to incubate and deliver multiple in-house custom developed products within a span of 20 months incorporating advanced capabilities like natural language processing (NLP), optical/ image character recognition (OCR/ ICR) and artificial intelligence (AI)). These include
- Cognitive process automation RPA product that is patent pending
- Channel agnostic chatbot product supporting bots and human for seamless interaction and handover
- Bigdata product to ingest unstructured data at scale, cluster and identify significant business opportunities
- Improvement in productivity, efficiency, accuracy, working capital, reduced cost of operations and assisting with strategic initiatives
- Potential revenue impact with conversational commerce and service
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a lead engineer in robotic automation & chatbot product group, you'll take the lead as you...
Software Development Organization:
- Understands Target's business and technical environments. Assists teams in resolving complex business challenges via technical solutions.
- Be a significant code contributor, manage overall software development cycle, drive best practices and ensuring development of high quality code
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture, ensure all code adheres to all platform, development & security standards
- Stay current with new technology and be able to assesses to determine viability and applicability to Target's business and technical environments. Identify options, evaluate pros and cons and determine total cost of ownership for tactical and strategic solutions.
- Build and manage enterprise scale robotic products
- Lead development/ operations in a geographically distributed team within local site scrum team
- work with product/ engineering teams and lead technical decision making, adhering to Target platform architecture and other enterprise decisions
- Ensure adherence to architecture and development principles around open source, DevOps, Agile, Containerization and Infrastructure
- Use data to create business domain specific models, use feedback loop to continuously improve the accuracy
- Apply the science of utilizing data to solve business problems, the performance and processing problems of dealing with big data, building web scale systems with high response times
- Partner with product teams in building and delivering high value products, iterate on ideas and continue to innovate and incubate.
- Be a great team player, mentor team members and help build a team of high caliber software development engineers
Requirements for Software Development:
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- Experience operating medium to large scale systems
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Strong sense of ownership
- Passion for emerging technologies
- Strong desire to learn and innovate
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with Java, Groovy, Spring, Grails- JVM language and framework
- eCommerce experience with a track record of innovation
- Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Full stack engineering with agile and innovative mindset
- Implemented or understanding of NLP and ML and exposure to open source libraries
- Exposure to Python, node, scala, R are desirable.
Meet Some of Target's Employees
JordikaiTech Leadership Program Trainee, TLP
Jordikai is currently participating in Target’s Technology Leadership Program, meaning she spends approximately a year embedded in multiple engineering teams across the technology enterprise, prior to joining one on a permanent basis.
Back to top