Lead Engineer - RedSky DevOps
Lead Engineer - RedSky DevOps Apply Now Job ID INF000BI8 Date posted 09/06/2017 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota
Join an exciting and dynamic team that is driving innovation and transformation at Target Digital. We are leading focused engagements with new product teams to drive the use of modern engineering practices through coaching, while also applying those same skills to our own infrastructure services. We are looking for a creative and motivated individual who can both lead and implement, is eager to learn, and wants to help build the culture, practice, and craft of DevOps and Agile at Target Digital. The key to the success of this position is ability to work well with others regardless of their level or background, solid engineering expertise, collaboration, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail. We believe that if you build it, you ship it.
What You Will Be Doing
- An active member of the Engineering Practices team focusing on Automation, Monitoring, Performance, Deployment, and Configuration Management.
- You'll be in the vanguard of Target's DevOps transformation working with product teams across Target's solution portfolio and infrastructure in our collaboration work space.
- You'll actively use Agile methods with the team to manage WIP, flow, and prioritization of work (not just stand-ups).
- You'll be hands on with tools used all over the industry: Git/GitHub, Artifactory, HipChat, Drone, Kafka, Docker, and Open Source software to build automated testing and delivery pipelines
- You will engage with local and global teams to help mature our test-driven development practices and to leverage principles rooted in continuous integration and delivery.
- Participate in Agile Sprints and Flashbuilds in creating services to enable automated builds of predictable, high-quality infrastructure.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years total work experience
- In-depth knowledge of modern engineering practices in code, test, measure, and collaboration.
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Eagerly explores new areas to increase technical knowledge
- Heterogeneous operating system environments (Linux, Windows)
- Experience with coding languages to drive system integration and automation
- Experience with Agile, Lean, DevOps practices
- Possess good organization and communication skills
- Experience in Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, and Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience in deploying and monitoring applications to multiple IaaS providers
- Expertise in monitoring and alerting solutions.
- Excellent programming skills, preferably Java and/or Groovy
- Expertise in test-driven development
- Experience or knowledge of continuous integration and deployment
What's In It for You?
- Work in an amazing, innovative environment
- Work alongside and learn from experts at Target that are well respected in both internal and external communities
- Join an intelligent and fun team positioned to help drive Target's future success
- Opportunity to develop in a very supportive environment where experimental learning happens every day
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Roberto is a Lead Software Engineer in the application development space for Target. He leverages the Java stack to build scalable systems and ensures that Target’s product teams are using continuous integration to deliver high-quality applications.
Back to top