Lead Engineer, Product Security - Vulnerability Management
JOIN US AS A LEAD ENGINEER
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Security Engineer, Product Security, Vulnerability Management, Vuln Mgmt, Tenable, Nessus, DevOps, CI/CD, Containers, Microservices.
About This Opportunity
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking agile and DevOps Security Engineering team. As a Security Engineer, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Enable Target’s security strategy by developing and maturity model Vulnerability Management solutions to align with modern IT practices such as CI/CD, Cloud hosting, DevOps.
- Work with security operations teams to support Vulnerability Management roadmap and capabilities
- Stay on top of development teams’ practices, continue to mature vuln mgmt services and expanding capabilities to align with modern practices such as containers, microservices, etc.
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality code for common assets and framework components.
- Be accountable for all aspects of solution – design, implementation, lifecycle, scale/expansion, etc.
- Be a leading voice on focused and growing team that is embracing SecDevOps and continuous delivery of security capabilities, mentor and help mature junior engineers to higher levels of tech competency.
- Develop and execute on long range technology strategy roadmaps.
- Stay current with latest security trends and application attack vectors and techniques.
- Continuously assess current technology footprint and market offerings, drive technology decisions, lead PoCs of new solutions/capabilities
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years total work experience
- Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- 5+ years of security architecture or engineering experience
- Demonstrated strong desire to stay current on emerging technology and building upon open source projects
- Experience in assessing and deploying solutions from start-up/smaller companies at enterprise scale
- Experience in utilizing DevOps skillset to deliver Security services
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Expert level with building and delivering Vulnerability Management capabilities utilizing tools such as Nessus, Onapsis, Qualys guard, Nexpose, etc.
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top