Lead Engineer - Java/API
JOIN US AS AN LEAD ENGINEER – JAVA/API Development
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation – and right now, we are up to big things. The Target Technology Team is driving a transformation in retail, one that will move us from "brick-and-mortar and online" to "bricks-and-mortar and everywhere else." Our goal is to deliver Target's unique "Expect More. Pay Less." promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future.
You can be a part of developing and launching new services that power how our developers interact with data stores technologies. You'll have the opportunity to design, develop and support innovative solutions across a variety of DB technologies developing both the front-end interface as well as the back-end admin functionality. You'll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment where success is rewarded.
We are looking for highly motivated engineering professionals who can connect our developers to Target's core data store technologies by enabling scalable and seamless deployments and developing the orchestration of managed solutions. Individuals in this role will have opportunities to gain a large breadth of knowledge by working with experts in core infrastructure services and share their knowledge with a tech hungry team.
About This Opportunity
As an engineer, you are a software developer with an entrepreneurial streak. You will build great products - ready to do whatever it takes to build scalable guest focused, world class data store solutions for our developers. You have excellent problem solving skills. You love keeping abreast of the latest industry trends and use them to help you innovate. You have leadership qualities, good judgment and clear communication skills.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As an Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Enable the development of Micro Service Restful API's to support DBA functionality for Data Store Managed Services
- Create and maintain developer interface for data store services single point of entry
- Engage in coding orchestration for Data Centric Architecture
- Collaborate with team to promote, re-use and develop consistent technical build, implementation and support processes following the agile design and documentation methodology
- Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices
- Unit test code and create automated test scripts
- Research related products and make necessary software recommendations
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
- 5+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Strong problem solving and thought: partnership skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
- Team attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- OpenStack or other cloud environments
- API Development
- Full Stack Development
- Experience in working with Relational Database and different NoSQL storages and Caching solutions
- Demonstrate the ability to learn a new technology and lead the adoption of successful patterns
- Ability to coach / mentor TMs and provide Java specific technical guidance to the team
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Working with test-driven development and software test automation
- GitHub Enterprise
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top