Lead Engineer, Internet of Things (IoT)
JOIN US AS A LEAD ENGINEER, IoT
The Consumer Internet of Things (IoT) team is a dedicated team in San Francisco that is defining Target’s enterprise-level strategy for smart, connected products and services. We are looking for a passionate and talented Lead Engineer who have had experience building innovative services, products and applications that are critical to business needs. On this team, you will be part of an experienced cross-disciplinary team designing and building innovative IoT solutions for consumers. In the role, you will have a direct impact on the innovation of cutting edge technologies and determine the relevant technology solution related to platforms and products that are highly interconnected with smart devices.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with our product and design teams to bring new concepts to reality
- Provide expert knowledge on design and build of products and services and how they relate to a larger system architecture
- Build scalable and robust services and/or products that support our growing IoT portfolio
- Iterative design approach – you’re not afraid to throw something away
- Constantly check in code and share insights of work
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- Team-orientated, passionate about developing others’ skills and capabilities
- Deep understanding of agile development processes and methodology
- Sense of ownership and problem solving skills
- Deep knowledge of IoT field
- Experience with service oriented architecture
- 4+ years industry experience
- A grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
- Expertise in backend systems but has worked with teams covering full stack
- Experience in mobile development
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems
- Good understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs
- Experience developing APIs and SDKs
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and other web best practices
- Demonstrated experience working on large-scale consumer products that touched millions of users.
- Experience developing software for hardware-based products
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top