- Minneapolis, MN
Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As a Lead Engineer on the Warehousing team, you will work towards building and operating the software that enables automation at various stages within Target's warehousing facilities to enable product movement to stores and guest order fulfillment. This team builds software that leverages robotics, IoT, messaging frameworks and cutting-edge elastic computing to move products within the warehouse. These teams build greenfield event-based micro-services that breakdown the work into the smallest components to enable extreme flexibility.
We are looking for engineers to build innovative and well-designed software and also be a part of groundbreaking technological innovation, strategic thinking and visionary goals. As a Lead Engineer in the Warehouse product team, you will:
- Be a significant code contributor, own and be accountable for your work, drive best practices and ensure the development of high-quality code.
- Be a great team player, mentor team members and help build a team of high caliber software development engineers
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation
• Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge regarding Target's technology capabilities, and key competitors' products and differentiating features
• Demonstrates broad and deep expertise in multiple computer languages and frameworks (e.g., open source). Designs, develops, and approves end-to-end functionality of a product line, platform, or infrastructure
• Communicates and coordinates with project team, partners, and stakeholders
• Demonstrates expertise in analysis and optimization of systems capacity, performance, and operational health
• Understands and develops solutions to foster data lifecycle management
• Maintains deep technical knowledge within areas of expertise
• Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
• Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top