Lead Engineer - Desktop OS + Hardware
JOIN US as a Lead Engineer on the Desktop, OS + Hardware Team!
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
- Lead the technical design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of Windows desktop hardware platforms, operating systems and management tools
- Create, maintain and support Windows desktop OS image, automated build processes, device configurations and peripherals integrations using operating system deployment software such as SCCM, OSD, MDT, WSUS
- Consistently utilize PowerShell scripting to maximize productivity of platform management
- Maintain platform security and compliance with PCI to protect guest data and company reputation including desktop security patching and management of segmented virtual desktop environment
- Define, create and test Group Policy updates for desktop OS
- Research, analyze and document developments in the desktop hardware and OS industry
- Develop architectural design documentation for desktop hardware, physical and virtual operating systems and management capabilities
- Drive construction activities ensuring architectural and operational requirements are met
- Utilize standard enterprise tools to develop or implement infrastructure hardware, software or other technical components
- Provide preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolve routine problems to ensure infrastructure stability
- Provide third level support to resolve hardware, software and operational infrastructure related incidents
- Collaborate with multiple project and infrastructure teams to deliver strategic initiatives
- And more!
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 7-9 years total work experience
- Has in-depth knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- SCCM, OSD, MDT, WSUS
- Wyse terminals
- Group Policy
- PowerShell scripting
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Systems Analyst/Engineer, Senior Programmer/Analyst
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top