Lead Engineer- Data
Lead Engineer- Data Apply Now Job ID INF000BAZ Date posted 07/25/2017 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota
Join us as a Lead Engineer - Data
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation – and right now, we are up to big things.
We are looking for highly motivated software engineering professionals who can help us advanced our Digital Marketing strategy for Target. You will be able to put your skills, experience and passion to build a platform that will have direct impact on millions of Target Guests and Vendor partners and significant revenue for driver for Target. You will get an opportunity to build an engineering solutions for delivering personalized messages to guests across multiple channels including web, emails, and other social channels. Be part of a team that's not only utilizing cutting edge technologies but also driving topline growth for Target.
- Lead in architecture and design activities for Digital Marketing.
- Build applications from conception to production
- Architect complex data models with sources from different data systems including relational database and conceptual understanding of at least one NoSQL storage.
- Establishes research and proof-of-concept initiatives in new and emerging technology spaces.
- Provides the team with thought leadership to promote re-use and develop consistent scalable patterns.
- Drive evaluation, adoption and learn new tools and technologies to keep technology stack modern as needed for the Product solution.
- 7+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Proficiency in Java
- Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to document technical content
- Machine Learning experience
- Experience in Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce and Oozie
- Experience with CI/CD including cloud deployment
- Experience with Spark and Scala and proficiency in Python and other scripting languages.
- Experience in retail industry
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Roberto is a Lead Software Engineer in the application development space for Target. He leverages the Java stack to build scalable systems and ensures that Target’s product teams are using continuous integration to deliver high-quality applications.
Back to top