Lead Engineer - Authentication Solutions, Security Engineering
JOIN US AS A LEAD ENGINEER, AUTHENTICATION SOLUTIONS, SECURITY ENGINEERING
Similar Industry Titles and Key Words: Ping, RSA, Directory Services, LDAP, MFA, RADIUS, TACACS, Adaptive Authentication, Risk-Based Authentication, RBA, Single Sign-on, SSO, Federation, SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, Web Access Management, WAM, Access Enforcement, Access Management, IAM
The Lead Engineer, Authentication Solutions position will focus on providing solutions which ensure and enforce appropriate access to Target team members, contractors, suppliers and guests to Target applications, data, and business processes. The Lead Engineer will partner with Target Security & Risk professionals, architects, application development teams, and other technology partners to deliver comprehensive authentication solutions, appropriate for each business opportunity. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in multiple authentication technologies, including but not limited to WAM/SSO, Federation, Multi-Factor Authentication, Adaptive & Risk-Based Authentication, and Directory Services.
[email protected] is going through a major transformation to advance Target’s business goals through increased security, ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements and enhancing overall operational efficiencies, by providing the right access to the right people at the right time.
- Architect, recommend, approve, and deliver technical solutions to enforce appropriate access controls to Target data, applications, and business processes
- Consults on complex projects and plays a lead technical role on critical projects, which may have cross-pyramid impact, to provide project knowledge and expertise to key partners
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture; guide technical design activities related to access enforcement to ensure design intent is clear and infrastructure impact is clearly understood
- Provide technical oversight and direction to engineers resolving high severity hardware, operational, infrastructure, and application incidents; collaborate with engineers or software developers, Enterprise Architecture and Security Governance teams to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Evaluate technology partner product capabilities against the technology, standards, competitor landscape, and Target business priorities to ensure the continual alignment of our solution portfolio
- Partner with other experts across Security & Risk, Enterprise Architecture, and business application development teams to ensure our solutions continue to meet the evolving business needs
- Be a forward-thinker, focused on providing proactive technical solutions for the business to increase business value, agility, compliance, or controllership
- Prioritize solution delivery across financial, business, strategic, and technological vectors to ensure optimal solution delivery within our portfolio
- Communicate project status to Target business and security leadership, with emphasis on solution delivery and risk identification & mitigation
- Identify and track metrics that demonstrate the effectiveness of solutions in our portfolio against stated goals
- Understands interrelationships and impacts of systems and applications upon the enterprise wide technical environment
- 10+ years of experiencein IAM, providing security solutions leveraging WAM/SSO, Federation, Directory Services, Adaptive/Risk-Based Authentication, and/or Multi-Factor Authentication
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Security, or Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience as an administrator in multiple IAM technologies across WAM/SSO, Federation, Directory Services, Adaptive/Risk-Based Authentication, and/or Multi-Factor Authentication
- 5+ years of experience designing technical architecture and solutions aligned to business needs and priorities
- Ability to learn and operate in a dynamic environment
- Ability to demonstrate analytical expertise, close attention to detail, excellent critical thinking, logic, and solution orientation and to learn and adapt quickly
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience delivering authentication solutions at Internet-scale, preferably in a consumer-facing environment
- Experience with AD Bridging or LDAP-based authentication solutions for Unix/Linux environments and database administrators
- Experience deploying robust SSH solutions for securing access to Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with Privileged Access Management solutions, including password vault, privilege escalation, and centralized account management
- Unix/Linux or Windows Active Directory System Administration experience
- Experience in Web Application Development
- Experience with scripting languages – i.e. Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell, Powershell, etc.
- Experience with FIDO
- 2+ years of experience working in Agile teams
- Experience working in a DevOps environment with full-stack ownership responsibilities for a platform or other technical solutions
- Demonstrated experience working in a cloud environment – public, internal, or hybrid
- Demonstrated experience working with Automation and Configuration Management technologies
- Demonstrated skills working in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated Project Management Skills
- One or more certifications, including, Security+, CEH, CISSP or similar
Eligible team members will receive one of the best earnings packages anywhere, including competitive pay, all-around insurance coverage, 401(k), flexible scheduling, training and development and many other perks and benefits. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Expect the Best. At Target, we have a vision: to become the best – the best culture and brand, the best place for growth and the company with the best reputation. We offer an inclusive, collaborative and energetic work environment that rewards those who perform. We deliver engaging, innovative and on-trend experiences for our team members and our guests. We invest in our team members’ futures by developing leaders and providing a breadth of opportunities for professional development. It takes the best to become the best, and we are committed to building a team that does the right thing for our guests, shareholders, team members and communities.
Minneapolis-based Target Corporation serves guests at stores nationwide and at Target.com. Target is committed to providing a fun and convenient shopping experience with access to unique and highly differentiated products at affordable prices. Since 1946, the corporation has given 5 percent of its income through community grants and programs like Take Charge of Education®.
Back to top