Description: Lead Engineer
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation - and right now, we are up to big things. The Target Technology Team is driving a transformation in retail, one that will move us from "brick-and-mortar and online" to "bricks-and-mortar and everywhere else." Our goal is to deliver Target's unique "Expect More. Pay Less." promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future.
We are looking for highly motivated software engineering professionals who can help build the next generation stores and distribution centers platform. You will be able to put your skills, experience and passion to build the next generation of highly distributed systems using open source tools and technologies.
- Lead the design and development of fault tolerant mobile and web developed applications for stores and distribution centers
- Champions new and emerging technologies and drives decision making
- Establishes research and proof-of-concept initiatives in new and emerging technology spaces
- Provides the team with thought leadership to promote re-use and develop consistent scalable patterns
- Provide architectural direction for existing and future design efforts
- Support production systems as required
- 7+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Proficiency in Java
- Experience in UI development
- Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to document technical content
- Full stack development experience
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Kafka and Storm
- Experience in retail industry
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Roberto is a Lead Software Engineer in the application development space for Target. He leverages the Java stack to build scalable systems and ensures that Target’s product teams are using continuous integration to deliver high-quality applications.
Back to top