Description: Join us as a Lead Engineer
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation - and right now, we are up to big things.
We are looking for highly motivated software engineering professionals who can help teams across Target that are modernizing their technology stack. You will work directly with teams and deliver their backlog to migrate off of legacy technologies such as the Mainframe. In addition, you will help with special projects across Target such as emerging technology prototypes, special development projects within our organization, and potentially tool support (e.g. Jira, Slack, Drone, GitHub, Chef).
- Work well with other engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs.
- Design and develop software and systems using test driven development and continuous integration practices.
- Follow industry standard agile software development methodologies.
- Innovate to produce value and maintain technically relevant knowledge
- Excellent problem solving, partnership skills, and team attitude
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Participate in research and proof-of-concept initiatives in new and emerging technology spaces
- 7+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production
- Proficiency in Java
- Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
- Strong problem solving and thought partnership skills
- Team attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Desired Qualifications:
- Experience in API development, building and consuming RESTful services
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and containers (GitHub, Drone, Docker, Kubernetes, Spinnaker)
- Experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Working with test-driven development and software test automation
- Working knowledge of Java and at least one other object oriented programming language
- Working experience with building applications in support of a micro-services architecture
- Understanding of and ability to work with Cloud hosting platforms, Virtual Machines, and OpenStack
- Working knowledge of PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Elasticsearch databases
- Working knowledge of Spring and SpringBoot
Back to top