As a Fortune 50 company with more than 350,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America's leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It's how we care, grow, and win together.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Tech is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
Join the team that brings Target guests their "shopping and saving sidekick" - the guest facing Target Android and iOS shopping app .
As a Lead Android Engineer on the Flagship mobile team you will:
• Develop clean, well-tested native Android code to deliver functionality that meets business objectives
• Coach and mentor junior engineers to provide guidance on coding and design best practices
• Analysis of requirements and design
• Work closely with partner teams - QA, UX, Product - as needed
• Perform complex engineering tasks independently as well as collaboratively
• Manage complex cross-team coordination and dependencies
• Evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycle implementation
• 4+ years of experience developing apps for Android
• Experience developing in Kotlin
• Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge regarding Target's technology capabilities, and key competitors' products and differentiating features
• Demonstrates broad and deep expertise in multiple computer languages and frameworks (e.g., open source). Designs, develops, and approves end-to-end functionality of a product line, platform, or infrastructure
• Communicates and coordinates with project team, partners, and stakeholders
• Demonstrates expertise in analysis and optimization of systems capacity, performance, and operational health
• Understands and develops solutions to foster data lifecycle management
• Maintains deep technical knowledge within areas of expertise
• Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
• Experience in building highly scalable distributed systems
• Experience with distributing mobile applications via public app stores and/or enterprise channels
• Experience with integrating calls to backend services (REST or GraphQL, using JSON etc)
• Excellent hands on skills with Android application development tools, including Android Studio, Android SDK and ADT
• Experience integrating with third party frameworks tools and SDKs, such as Retrofit, OKHttp, Moshi and Glide
• Experience working with the following technologies:
- Reactive Programming (ideally via RxJava)
- Dependency injection (ideally via Dagger or Hilt)
- Android architecture components (ideally MVVM experience)
- Experience with multiple levels of users (anonymous v authenticated)
- Experience with Accessibility
- Experience with continuous delivery in mobile, including Test- or Behavior-Driven Design, code review, static analysis, continuous integration, automation and functional testing.
This position may be considered for a Full-Time Remote or Hybrid work arrangement based on Target's needs. A Hybrid work arrangement means the team members core role will be a blend of virtual and onsite at a Target location. A Full-Time Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that's not a Target location, does not have a desk at their primary HQ work location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada residents is $97,600 to $175,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.