Lead Android Engineer
JOIN US AS A LEAD ANDROID ENGINEER
About This Opportunity
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. Our guests love our commitment to continual innovation and right now, we are up to big things. Our goal is to deliver Target's unique brand promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future. The challenges and scale are big. You'll have the opportunity to lead the team that designs, develops and supports innovative solutions across a variety of applications, platforms and environments, building tomorrow's technologies and capabilities.
You'll put your skills, experience and passion to work in an entrepreneurial environment and you'll have the stability and the commitment of a Fortune 40 company at your back. Use your skills, experience and creativity to bring groundbreaking thinking and a visionary approach to our high performance team.
As a Lead Software Engineer – Mobile you will:
- Explore new technologies in the retail and mobile space
- Establish standards and best practices for you and the team to deliver clean, scalable, and maintainable Android code
- Mentor and coach the engineering team and provide work direction
- Collaborate with Product and Design to establish and drive the product vision
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent military or industry experience
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience developing apps for Android
- 3+ years of experience mentoring and giving work direction to Developers
- Experience with distributing mobile applications via public app stores and/or enterprise channels
- Excellent knowledge of working with dynamic data using services (e.g., JSON, XML, REST APIs etc)
- Experience performance profiling and tuning consumer facing mobile applications
- Excellent hands on skills with Android application development tools, including Android Studio, Android SDK and ADT
- Heroic get-it-done self-starter attitude
- Good communicator and team player with strong organizational skills
- Proactively helps drive innovation within the company
- Experience with Gradle and using other third party frameworks tools and SDKs, such as Retrofit, RxJava and Glide.
- Experience with continuous delivery in mobile, including Test- or Behavior-Driven Design, code review, static analysis, continuous integration, automation and functional testing.
- Experience with authenticated sessions using OAuth and authentication tokens
- Experience developing highly successful apps that enjoy wide scale distribution
- Experience building native apps and hybrid apps
- Experience with design/development/use of analytics and tracking solutions (e.g., Signal, Flurry, Google Analytics)
- Experience with agile methodology
- eCommerce software engineering experience
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top