Lead Android Engineer
Join Target’s Innovation Engineering team as Lead Android Engineer
Goldfish (a wholly owned subsidiary of Target) is seeking full-time Android Engineers to join the engineering organization to help build a new franchise within Target. As a Goldfish team member, you’ll have a direct impact on the innovation of cutting edge technologies. We are ambitious and bent on disrupting the way people shop.
Android Engineers are the synthesis of design and development. They take Goldfish’s most innovative product concepts and bring them to life. Designing for simplicity is going to be the challenge. As an Android Engineer, you’ll need both types of skills to develop the next generation of products. You’ll partner with Product Managers and Designers to define and build new features, test new concepts and launch products.
We are looking for self-starting engineers with strong experience developing sophisticated applications for Android. If you are fearless, passionate, driven and looking to join a team compromising such individuals, reach out to us.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to bring the vision to reality
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences
- Build reusable Android software components for interfacing with the platform
- Optimize UI and application code for scalability, efficiency and performance
Experiences and skills that we are looking for
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Object-oriented software development experience
- Building complex applications for Android
- Mobile application development at the user interface and system levels
- Extensive experience with Java; C / C ++ experience a plus
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Experience consuming Restful APIs
- Experience with multithreading programming
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Knowledge of Android SDK, performance tools and optimization techniques
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-effort, dynamic work environment
- Demonstrated experience working on large-scale consumer products that touched millions of users
- Portfolio, GitHub (or other open-source account), list of published works is a plus
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top