Lead AI Engineer - Personalization
- Sunnyvale, CA
Description: The AI Engineering team at Target is a fast growing, dynamic team. AI Engineers work closely with Scientists to create valuable retail insights through state-of-the-art mathematical models powered by cutting edge AI technologies. Business teams, empowered with these insights, provide joy of everyday shopping to each Target guest.
As a Lead AI Engineer in Personalization, you will create software solutions to optimize deals and personalization. You will create solutions using Agile practices and DevOps principles. Responsibilities will include designing, programming, debugging and supporting high quality, distributed, large scale software solutions.
We are looking for a highly-motivated engineering professional who is a team player and can engage with both technical and business team members.
- Develop AI related software systems using test driven development employing continuous integration practices
- Partner with other engineers and team members to develop software that meets business needs
- Follow agile methodology for software development and technical documentation
- Innovate constantly and stay current with latest technologies while staying focused on solving problems at hand.
- 4+ years of experience in developing code for production or equivalent experience
- Proficient in one or more of C++, Java, Scala, Python or equivalent programming language
- Deployed computer systems into production
- Significant understanding of advanced data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity with linear algebra, statistics, information theory or related mathematical domains
- Understand deep learning, dynamic programming, reinforcement learning or related areas
- Ability to develop and execute processes for complete CI/CD pipeline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5+ years' experience in developing software applications
- 2+ years' experience working on Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark and Hive
- Familiar with mathematical optimization techniques
- BS/MS/PHD degree in Computer Science or related field
- Understand application/software development and design
- Proficiency in at-least one of the following languages: Java, Scala, Python
- Worked on building and supporting Web Services; experience with REST services preferred
- Experience/knowledge of streaming solutions is a plus
- You will work directly on the AI problems that have the most impact on Target's personalization and deals.
- We love open source! Many of our team member's contribute to open source communities and get to do it during work time. We try to contribute back to our communities where we can and are grateful to be able to open source some of our own projects!
- We value diversity. We believe that diversity and inclusion is of core importance when try to create positive in-store experiences for our guests, and we think it is also critically important when building our teams. Read more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- We value our team members. We treat out team members like people, not like cogs in a machine. We value our team members for who they are, not just what they can get done. We are parents, hobbyists, enthusiasts, family members, and community members, and can offer flexibility to our team members' schedules and work arrangements so that they can flourish both inside and outside of work.
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Target will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Back to top