IT Asset Service Manager
Description: Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation and right now, we are up to big things. The Target Technology team is driving a transformation in retail, one that will move us from "brick-and-mortar and online" to "bricks-and-mortar and everywhere else." Our goal is to deliver Target's unique "Expect More. Pay Less." promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future.
You can be a part of this story by joining the Guest Reliability Engineering team as an IT Asset Service Manager. You will be responsible for the discovery, collection, analysis and management of software and hardware inventory. The IT Asset Service Manager will assist both Target's internal and external partners in the interpretation and understanding of the collected inventory data.
The IT Asset Service Manager guides the enterprise through the process of collecting and maintaining software / hardware installation data; this can involve technologies across a wide range of business capabilities, locations and functions.
While the IT Asset Service Manager will focus primarily on the discovery, collection and management of software / hardware inventory, they may also be involved in the software / hardware life-cycle - advising partners on licensing entitlements, purchasing decisions, product lifecycles, and license re-allocation.
- Ensure delivered solutions enable the organization to manage the IT asset portfolio with respect to risk, cost, control, IT governance, compliance and business performance objectives
- Contribute to the continual improvement of business processes as well as the maturing of the Asset Management services portfolio, capabilities, expertise, best practices and solutions
- Manage inventory documentation by accurately recording the quality, quantity, type, style, and any other characteristics of the inventory that enables a clear understanding of what is and isn't available
- Track inventory flow from project to operations to decommission ensuring inventory levels are optimized throughout the investment lifecycle
- Review suppliers and product lifecycles taking into account business needs, technology lifecycle and improvements, failure rates and lead times to maximize business capability while minimizing expense
- Understanding of budgets, forecasts, procurement, warranty and expense optimization, supplier and contract management
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (business, finance or computer science) or equivalent work experience preferred
- 3-5 years of experience as asset manager, inventory administrator or IT Finance/Audit analyst, with a strong analytical track record
- Experience with software inventory systems (like JDisc, SMS, SCCM, Altiris, IBM Bigfix etc)
- Familiarity and experience with software and hardware licensing and license use rights (entitlements)
- Experience with billing and budgeting
- Experience in the use of any popular ITSM tool, particularly ServiceNow, is advantageous
- Experience in managing software internal compliance and vendor audits
- Ability to stay self-motivated and self-directed
- Willingness to adapt to changing business and technical priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in retail technology preferred
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Roberto is a Lead Software Engineer in the application development space for Target. He leverages the Java stack to build scalable systems and ensures that Target’s product teams are using continuous integration to deliver high-quality applications.
Back to top