Guest Advocate (Cashier or Front of Store Attendant) (T2605)
- San Jose, CA
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say "I love Target!" When you work at Target, you're helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You're working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do.
ALL ABOUT SERVICE & ENGAGEMENT
Advocates of guest experience who welcome, thank, and exceed guest service expectations by focusing on guest interaction and recovery. Advocates of both physical and digital services and solutions who are knowledgeable about capabilities and features that drive adoption, usage and ultimately guest loyalty. Empowered to make shopping effortless and seamless for guests at the checklanes, guest services, gift registry, pick-up and drive up.
At Target, we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Guest Advocate can provide you with the:
- Ability to communicate and interact with guests to build an inclusive guest experience
- Ability to adapt to different guest interactions and situations
- Experience promoting and selling various benefits, offerings and services
- Create a welcoming experience by authentically greeting, every guest every time.
- Welcome guests into self-checkout and provide assistance as needed.
- Work efficiently to minimize guest wait time while maintaining guest service and accuracy.
- Make the guest aware of current and upcoming brand launches, store activities, and events.
- Deliver easy and seamless service to all Order Pick Up, Drive Up, Registry, and Photo guests.
- Maintain a clean, clutter free work area (including gathering abandoned items, baskets, and hangers)
- Stock supplies during store open hours while being available for the guest.
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance.
- All other duties based on business needs.
We might be a great match if:
- Communicating effectively, including using positive language and attentive to guests needs
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team members
- Attention to detail while multi-tasking
- Willing to educate guests and sell products and services
- Learn and adapt to evolving technology needs
- Work both independently and with a team
- Accurately handle cash register operations and cash transactions
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
- Guest Advocate (Cashier)
- Front of Store Attendant (Cart Attendant)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top