Fulfillment Operations Team Leader
Description: ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say "I love Target!" When you work at Target, you're helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You're working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. We delight our guests with area experts ready to assist with items that are instock and priced accurately ensuring guests have an enjoyable experience both in stores and online.
ALL ABOUT GENERAL MERCHANDISE
Experts of operations, process and efficiency who enable a consistent experience for our guests by ensuring product is set, in-stock, accurately priced and signed on the sales floor. The General Merchandise and Food Sales team leads inbound, outbound, replenishment, inventory accuracy, presentation, pricing, and promotional signing processes for all GM areas of the store. This team leads Food & Beverage, and Food Service, providing a fresh and food safe experience. Experts enable efficient delivery to our guests by owning pick, pack, and ship fulfillment work.
At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of a Fulfillment Operations Team Leader can provide you with the:
• Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building a guest first culture on your team
• Knowledge of retail business fundamentals: department sales trends, inventory management, guest shopping patterns, pricing and promotions strategies
• Skills in planning department(s) daily/weekly workload to support business priorities and deliver sales goals
• Skills in process improvements and workload efficiency
• Experience leading a team of hourly team members; including skills in interviewing, developing, coaching, evaluating and retaining talent
As a Fulfillment Operations Team Leader, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
• Drive fulfillment goals, understand your role in supporting sales growth and how your departments and team contribute to and impact total store profitability.
• Utilize your workload planning tools to complete all scheduled workload ensuring all orders are fulfilled to meet the delivery and service standards.
• Review all fulfillment reporting to identify gaps and develop a plan to resolve.
• Create a scheduling plan in partnership with your leader based off of monthly and weekly fulfillment business workload.
• Be an expert of operations, accuracy, process and efficiency.
• Enable efficient delivery to our guests by leading pick, pack and ship fulfillment work.
• Evaluate and recommend candidates for open positions and develop a guest-centric team.
• Establish clear goals and expectations and hold team members accountable to expectations.
• Lead team onboarding and learning.
• Lead and coach the team to ensure accuracy and efficiency in all fulfillment processes.
• Close knowledge and skill gaps through training and experiences.
• Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs (this includes early morning, evening, overnight shifts and weekends).
• Ensure supplies are ordered timely and stocked.
• Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
• If applicable, as a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
• Always demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance. Lead team to work in the same way and hold others accountable to this commitment.
• Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
• All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
• Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited.... We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
• Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you.... That's why we love working at Target
• Leading teams who are stocking, setting and selling Target products sounds like your thing... That's the core of what we do.
• You aren't looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day... We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Fulfillment Operations Team Leader. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• Previous retail experience preferred, but not required
• Lead and hold others accountable
• Learn and adapt to current technology needs
• Work independently and as part of a team
• Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
• Welcoming and helpful attitude
• Effective communication skills
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
• Access all areas of the building to respond to guest or team member issues
• Interpret instructions, reports and information
• Accurately handle cash register operations
• Climb up and down ladders
• Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
• Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top