Fulfillment Center Senior Systems Engineer - Amsterdam, NY
Fulfillment Center Senior Systems Engineer - Amsterdam, NY Apply Now Job ID ENG0000SZ Date posted 05/03/2017 Location Amsterdam, New York
A proactive leadership role supporting distribution center production, focusing on maximizing equipment reliability and operational performance for equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, depalletizers, print and apply systems, ASRS cranes, material handling robots, and SCADA devices and programs.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
- Understand, maintain and troubleshoot material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers, industrial networks and electrical distribution systems.
- Act as a first level escalation support for the maintenance teams to locally or remotely troubleshoot and repair all hardware or controls software systems within a Distribution Center.
- Facilitate failure analysis and incident review processes and implement process improvements or retraining to avoid future incidents.
- Use diagnostic software to monitor performance of systems; collect and analyze data to identify trends and recommend improvements.
- Apply subject matter expertise in material handling and electronic systems to maximize system utilization.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree
- PLC/PC program knowledge and troubleshooting experience
- Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24 VDC systems
- HMI interfaces and program knowledge
- Advanced troubleshooting skills with PCs, servers and industrial controls networking
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, relating technical issues to business leadership
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Roberto is a Lead Software Engineer in the application development space for Target. He leverages the Java stack to build scalable systems and ensures that Target’s product teams are using continuous integration to deliver high-quality applications.
Back to top