Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop-in stores or on Target.com-we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we're looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in HQ Engineering and Activation means being at the heart of our perpetual reimagining. This group is the think tank and laboratory for the innovative ideas that spark change throughout the Supply Chain. We are inventors, metrics masters, data geeks, testers, triers, course-correctors and askers of the all-important question "What if ... ?". This team influences processes, engineers the robotics and automation to support those processes, activates solutions sustainably across the network and manages those assets. Your specific expertise-whether it's people, process, technology, or data-will be felt well beyond the boundaries of the Supply Chain organization, positively impacting Target team members and guests alike.
As an Equipment Engineer you will support Target's Global Supply Chain network of 40 different Distribution, Fulfillment, and Omni-channel facilities by effectively managing Supply Chain facility assets. You will ensure optimal levels of reliability, efficiency, and business value of our assets to support Target's Global Supply Chain & Logistics business objectives (current state and future state).
This is accomplished through several key elements:
- Execute long and short term Asset Management Strategies and Plans for your assigned assets
- Supporting field-based Engineering & Facilities leaders and personnel in problem resolution
- Using data driven analyses and decision making to manage execution of maintenance programs
- Powered Industrial Trucks (Fork Lifts)
- Refrigerated and Non-refrigerated Store Delivery Trailers
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Fire Suppression Systems
- Electrical Power Distribution Systems
- Dock Systems
- Interior/Exterior Lighting
- Air Compressors and Dryers
- Monitor a Maintenance strategy and work with other Equipment Engineers to ensure predictable and acceptable levels of performance throughout the asset's lifespan (including but not limited to creating Preventative Maintenance schedules, Job Plan instructions, Work Order execution, Problem/Cause/Remedy, Regulatory Compliance oversight, equipment safety, and work order execution)
- Analytic thought leadership around predictive analytics, root cause analysis, and statistical modeling to support proper management of assets, Quality, Reliability, Maintenance, Total Cost of Ownership, and Lifecycle planning
- Assist in reporting and oversight of Target's Supply Chain Maintenance Operational Expenditure (OPEX) and Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) budgets for your affected assets
- Develop strong partnerships with internal partners
- Partner with various levels of field leaders across our entire Global Supply Chain network to develop, implement, and execute projects or on-going support initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study (Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain, etc)
- Ability to effectively collaborate with and influence numerous internal and external partners
- Strong foundation of mathematical/analytical principles
- Ability to problem solve, create action plans, and deliver results
- Desire to learn new capabilities and enable others to do the same
- Willing to take risks, challenge the status quo and work under ambiguous circumstances
- Up to 25% work travel
- Quality or Reliability Engineering experience (ASQ certifications)
- Lean Six Sigma or other Quality Control/Management systems
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top