Engineer - Telemetry Monitoring
Technology Operations Center - Telemetry Monitoring Engineer
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
- Develop dashboard and monitoring solutions using machine learning and predictive analytics to drive technology availability
- Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices.
- Unit test code and create automated test scripts
- Lead discussions with other engineers and partners to drive solutions that improve technology availability
- Follow industry standard agile software design methodology for development and technical documentation
- Research related products and make necessary software recommendations
- See and experience ALL of IT end-to-end and how it produces the capabilities our guests see and use
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
- Excellent problem solving and thought partnership skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements
- Team attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with the following technologies: Java, Scala, Spark or Storm, Python, R, Bash, AngularJS, Cassandra, Hadoop, Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Grafana, Kafka, Machine Learning, OpenStack, CI/CD, Automated Testing, SQL
- Knowledge of, or desire to build knowledge of, scripting and automation, VBScript, Windows PowerShell, Windows Management Instrumentation, Windows Remote Management, and Microsoft System Center suite of tools.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years total work experience
- Has knowledge of state-of-the art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Technology Leadership Program
As part of the Technology Leadership Program, Ashley creates great programming tools and works on creating and perfecting Target’s text messaging API.
Back to top