Engineer - Production Engineering
Description: About us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
As an Engineer, you serve as a technical specialist delivering the engineering that powers the product. You develop keen insight into the technical architecture and design to deliver robust and scalable software components. You constantly demonstrate the depth of your expertise by solving engineering problems. You are passionate about the quality of software and balance between speed of delivering new features and robustness of the software components you implement. You can handle operational issues with little or no oversight. You actively review code to ensure the software quality and functional accuracy is maintained across the team. You are keen to learn the design and architecture of the product and participate in ceremonies that can influence both.
Core responsibilities are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
What You Will Be Doing
- A member of an open source engineering team focused on software engineering; helping teams develop better software
- Assist with code reviews and participate in design sessions
- You'll actively use agile methods with the team to manage WIP, flow, and prioritization of work
- You'll be hands on with the latest technologies to develop applications
- You will engage with local and global teams to help mature our software engineering practices and to leverage principles rooted in continuous integration and delivery
- Participate in creating services to enable automated testing and deployment to help deliver predictable, high-quality software
- Focus on micro-services architecture using containers and cloud (see 12factor.net)
• 4 year degree or equivalent experience
• 1+ years of software development experience
• Has knowledge of state-of-the-art engineering technical approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems as required by domain
• Demonstrates familiarity with current and emerging technologies in own scope of responsibility, and develops ability to apply these technologies
• Understands concepts of package solutions and package specific programming language with knowledge of development objects
• Demonstrates and continuously builds upon domain-specific knowledge
• Demonstrates proficiency in at least one computer language
• Understands the concepts of distributed programming and applies it to their domain
• Possesses working knowledge of transaction codes/master data used within specific domain and participates in building custom solutions in the package
• Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
• Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
• Familiarity with frond end development
• Familiarity with API development
• Experience with Agile software development practices
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Meet Some of Target's Employees
JordikaiTech Leadership Program Trainee, TLP
Jordikai is currently participating in Target’s Technology Leadership Program, meaning she spends approximately a year embedded in multiple engineering teams across the technology enterprise, prior to joining one on a permanent basis.
Back to top