Engineer - PLM
Engineer - PLM Apply Now Job ID INF000BHR Date posted 08/31/2017 Location Minneapolis, Minnesota
JOINUS AS AN ENGINEER
Targetis one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leadingretailers. But behind the brand our guests love, is a culture of continual innovation– and right now, we are up to big things. The Target Technology Team is drivinga transformation in retail, one that will move us from "brick-and-mortar andonline" to "bricks-and-mortar and everywhere else." Our goal is to deliverTarget's unique "Expect More. Pay Less." promise to guests wherever andwhenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobilephones, and in the retail channels of the future.
Youcan be a part of developing and launching new services that power all thechannels where Target does and will do business – in-store, web, tablet,mobile, and future channels. You'll have the opportunity to design, develop andsupport innovative solutions across a variety of applications, platforms andenvironments, building tomorrow's technologies in Search, Browse, Product Info,Promotions, Content and Checkout. You'll put your skills, experience andpassion to work in an entrepreneurial environment where success is rewarded.
We arelooking for highly motivated engineering professionals who can connect thein-store experience to the digital environment by creating scalable andseamless multi-channel experiences without losing the brand we are knownfor. Individuals in this role will have opportunities to gain alarge breadth of knowledge by working with experts in the eCommerce,multichannel retail, product management and software engineering fields.
As anengineer, you are a software developer with an entrepreneurial streak. You will be part of newly established product team to build great new ProductLife-cycle Management (PLM) web system using open-source technologies, forProduct Design and Development business. You have good problem solvingskills. You love keeping abreast of the latest industry trends and usethem to help you innovate. You have leadership qualities, good judgment,clear communication skills.
Useyour skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking andvisionary goals. As an Engineer, you'll take the lead as you…
- Use open-source languages and technologies to build Cloud-ready and Cloud-hosted web systems.
- Unit test code and create automated test scripts
- Work closely with other engineers and partners to ensure development meets business needs
- Follow industry standard agile software design methodology for development and technical documentation
- Research related products and make necessary software recommendations
- Innovate constantly and maintain the technical edge
- 3+ years of software development experience with at least one full cycleimplementation from requirement to production
- Strong problem solving and thought: partnership skills
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set ofrequirements
- Team attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience building Product Life-cycle Management (PLM) systems
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Roberto is a Lead Software Engineer in the application development space for Target. He leverages the Java stack to build scalable systems and ensures that Target’s product teams are using continuous integration to deliver high-quality applications.
Back to top