Engineer - Edge Computing
- Brooklyn Park, MN
Description: Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We're the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target's passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world's best-loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies-and the brightest people-to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Technology Services is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
Join the Edge Deployment Team where you will build, develop and maintain a platform that will facilitate rapid software delivery to Target's edge locations (Stores, Distribution Centers, Devices/Registers) to better enable innovation and more quickly respond to ever-evolving business needs of application teams. You will help drive Target's Infrastructure as Code, Cloud Development and Automation strategies in edge environment. You will have frequent interactions with data center, bare metal, network and development teams as you design reliable, relevant, automated infrastructure/server solutions to provide a robust cloud platform to enable strategic shift to cloud native applications.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of this highly impactful team. As an Edge Computing Software Engineer, you'll ...
- Develop new features for the platform and serve as a specialist in the engineering team that supports the product
- Develop and gain insight into architecture patterns, consumer requirements, and deployment needs
- Consult with architects, senior/lead engineers and developers across numerous products/service groups to design robust cloud applications and to evolve infrastructure APIs
- Display good problem-solving skills to help the team in triaging operational issues. Leverage your expertise in eliminating repeat occurrences and improve the reliability of our services
- Evaluate new technologies and participate in decision-making, accounting for several factors such as viability within Target's technical environment, maintainability, and cost of ownership
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 1+ years as a software developer in modern languages/frameworks like Java, Groovy, GoLang, Spring Boot, RatPack, Python
- Familiarity with CI/CD technologies like Git, Chef, Drone, Docker, Spinnaker, Artifactory
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of Linux based operating systems
- Demonstrates and continuously builds upon domain-specific knowledge
- Understands the concepts of distributed programming and applies it to their domain
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education
- Excited to work in a fast-paced agile environment
- Familiarity with software virtualization and container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Hands on experience provisioning through cloud-based application pipelines
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top