Distribution Center Operations Manager - Suffolk, VA
- Norfolk, VA
Description: About Us:
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
A role in distribution and receive centers means being on the very front lines of getting product to the guest as fast as possible - a critical differentiator and one of the most essential functions within logistics. Whether it's through focusing on regional or upstream distribution centers, target.com fulfillment centers, or import warehouses, you'll have the chance to positively impact thousands of fellow team members and Target guests worldwide. There's so much good work to be done, from distribution center operations, where process and problem solving drive our results, quality management, which influences and maintains our good name in the retail marketplace, or overall distribution center productivity, where we're always analyzing and recalibrating how to best support our people, process and technology investments to support an ever evolving business.
A role as an Operations Manager provides a chance to influence with a focus on safety, leadership, excellence, self-motivation, problem-solving and teamwork. You will foster a "safety first" culture through awareness, training and accountability. You will quickly establish yourself as an engaging and inclusive leader with ownership for the team's ability to maximize its productivity, growth and development. Create a positive work environment though real-time observation and specific, constructive and actionable feedback. Working with a sense of urgency will help ensure that ensure that operational plans are executed, performance and budget goals are achieved and teams are kept informed and coordinated across functions. You'll have the autonomy to innovate with new approaches to process and method, all in the name of more efficiency and implementing future process flow optimization. Your ability to find root causes to problems will be well supported by an environment of calculated risk and testing. And your commitment to others will shine when you jump right in to help teams meet their business goals.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability, with the ability to engage and motivate others
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good reasoning, conflict-management, and analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to access all areas of the distribution center including the mezzanine platforms
- Able to read and interpret necessary policies and procedures to perform updates and operate systems and other programs within the distribution center
- Openness to working the following non-rotational schedules:
- Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 6am-6pm
- Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 6pm-6am
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6am-4pm
- Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 4pm-2am
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top