Director - Marketing Measurement
JOIN US AS A DIRECTOR, MARKETING MEASUREMENT
Based in Minneapolis, the Director, Marketing Measurement will lead development of guest and marketing measurement strategy, reporting, analytics, and processes that optimize marketing’s ability to analyze marketing’s impact on business outcomes. Combining business acumen with data and technical expertise, s/he will advance marketing’s approach and introduce world-class capabilities that enhance our ability to measure marketing effectiveness in driving the business and the brand and give guidance on how to enhance our guests’ brand experience. This person will work with cross-functional teams to leverage data and analytics in fueling marketing’s objectives of acquiring guests, driving traffic, and deepening guest engagement and love for brand.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Director, Marketing Measurement, you’ll take the lead as you…
- Provide leadership to expand marketing’s competency for the execution of next generation, analytically-driven marketing programs
- Engage Marketing leadership to ensure that analytics approach matches overall marketing strategy
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business (Guest Center of Excellence (GCOE), Brand Category Marketing (BCM), Enterprise Data and Business Intelligence (EDABI) and other BI leaders in other areas, Target Technology Services, etc.) to facilitate solution implementation
- Partner to develop strategies for the sourcing and collection, use and maintenance (and disposal) of high-quality data to meaningfully impact our ability to answer key business, marketing and guest engagement questions. Influence the marketing and guest data roadmaps, including identifying and/or developing capabilities and partnerships to capture and manage information crucial for business decisions.
- Evolve reporting and analytics capabilities, including providing marketing & media domain knowledge with the development of decision engine and advanced attribution modeling for the Marketing organization and broader enterprise
- Introduce best-in-class approaches to provide data-backed insights and recommendations for overall marketing strategy
- Align team efforts around meeting the evolving business needs of clients: Drive analyses usable across internal (e.g., spend optimization) and guest-facing (e.g., real-time social engagement) marketing applications, and for other business areas (e.g., propensity models to also inform merchandising decisions)
- Strengthen analytical capabilities and drive cultural change in areas to include segmentation, marketing effectiveness, testing culture, real time, and influence broader developing capabilities like personalization & use of data sciences in digital marketing
- Partner with marketers to maintain a view of key metrics to monitor business health and maintain effective dashboards and mechanisms for reporting those performance metrics
- Lead the development of guest and internal client facing applications, reports and tools to leverage guest/marketing data and analytics, including real-time (e.g., in-campaign media and creative optimization).
- Continually evolve the identification of issues and drive the improvement of tools, team, and processes to meet the needs of the business.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Masters or PhD in analytics field preferred
- Analytics Expertise
Maintain strong analytical skills and experience with measurement capability strategy, related data strategy (including requirements of first party data) and oversight of execution. Partnership with EDABI in determining data architecture, setting requirements for measurement & learning agenda, reporting, and analytics / modeling; ability to drive insights from data and provide actionable recommendations, while serving as a strategic leader.
- Strong Marketing-Centric Business Acumen
Bring an ability to translate information into marketing recommendations to capture new opportunities and improve the effectiveness of marketing programs already underway; Demonstrate a facility with marketing analytical concepts including sophisticated segmentation, channel specific spend optimization, targeting across all marketing communications, evolving current abilities (e.g., mix models) and driving development in the space of emerging tools (e.g., guest-level cross-channel attribution), and more.
Maintain a solid understanding of information technology architecture and act as business owner that partners with TTS (Target Technology Solutions) architecture teams as they build what marketing needs; Ability to understand opportunities and limitations of platforms and core systems.
- History of Driving for Results
Possess an extensive and impressive track record of setting dramatic, compelling goals and aggressive, iterative schedules for improvement via driving from initial strategy to implementation; Persistent when faced with challenging obstacles and portrays high levels of energy and endurance; Ability to drive results through continuous organizational transformation and ambiguity.
- Leading Teams & Building Relationships Cross Functionally
Create a high performance climate by forging strong, diverse teams with multiple perspectives and talents; Approach team management through delegation, communication and holding individuals accountable to focused business objectives; serve as mentor and coach to others; Ability to influence and collaborate beyond direct sphere.
Back to top