Designer, Performance + Seamless
Description: PD&D Designer - Performance + Seamless
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.
At the heart of one of the world's best loved and most recognizable brands is an impeccable Product Development & Design organization. We thrive on the magic of discovering that just-right thing, and we infuse everything we do with our passion for affordable chic. We concept, develop, make and deliver the stylish new favorites that Target guests expect and deserve. We are uber-savvy trend and style experts who stay ahead of the curve, proactively identifying our market's needs and exceeding them, every time. Join one of our dynamic and inventive teams to influence the style, quality and value that decisively position Target above the competition. Your input will have a direct and positive effect, whether on home, hardlines or apparel & accessories categories. Here, you'll be close to the action of dreaming up and bringing to life the Target-owned brands that surprise and gratify guests, wherever and whenever they love to shop.
A role with the Design team means a big opportunity to start from scratch and create something truly original. Are you a design expert who can support your business by staying one step ahead of industry trends, new materials and techniques? Can you demonstrate the utmost attention to detail and create products that are unprecedented in the marketplace for their design and quality for the price? Then you'll have success on our Design team who owns the design and development of all Target-owned brands, from apparel to home goods, and beauty to essentials. In close partnership with our merchant and sourcing counterparts, you'll drive brand cohesion and continuity, ensuring that our products meet the merchant line plans, assortment strategies, price points and overall creative direction.
As a Designer, you will support and be accountable for Owned Brand product brands and/or categories that achieve overall product design strategy and merchant objectives. Under the overall direction of Design leadership, you will work with an assigned category, brand, business or guest segment and manage your own process and calendar. You will be expected to maintain a diligent approach to workload, with includes good, timely communication with internal and external partners. You'll support and drive concepts throughout the development process, research, selection of materials/finishes, and the creation of silhouettes/form language. Using CAD/hand sketches, you'll translate ideas for product direction. This includes preparing professional presentation boards with illustrations, CAD artwork, fabrication, and material samples. In addition, you will support and drive product designs to maintain overall creative direction, merchant line plans, assortment strategies, and price points. You'll build brand cohesion by partnering with peers across the division to ensure continuity. In collaboration with technical designers/engineers and sourcing partners, you'll also identify, troubleshoot and resolve product issues.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4 year Design, Fine Art or similar degree and minimum 3-8 years' experience.
- Passion towards a trend-forward or contemporary modern esthetic.
- Computer design system skills including, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience in CAD illustration & hand sketching.
- Strong Knowledge of performance fabrics, garment construction/fit or raw materials & product production.
- A strong design point of view and ability to design highly functioning and credible performance garments
- Capability to see design vision expand across multiple division (Mens, Womens, Kids)
- Seamless expertise preferred.
- Experience working with vendor partners in factory to develop seamless apparel and/or bras.
- Experience assimilating product feedback.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working retail or product development environment.
- Ability to successfully work in a collaborative a fast-pace team environment
- Ability to respond to business objectives with creative, innovative and cost-effective design solutions
- Highly organized, technical in their sketching, and have a keen attention to functional details, construction, and trim.
- Experience working with import vendors.
- Experience designing Performance.
- Experience designing Seamless Apparel
- Experience working with a big cross functional team for a large brand or vertical retailer.
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top