Cyber Threat Intelligence Senior Analyst
Cyber Threat Intelligence Senior Analyst Apply Now Job ID INF000BFC Date posted 08/22/2017 Location Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
The Cyber Threat Intelligence Senior Analyst supports Target's Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) team to collect and analyze cyber threat information, and disseminate finished threat intelligence products to Target's security operations teams, information technology teams, enterprise risk management teams, and executive decision makers. The Senior Analyst also coordinates with external peer groups and information security circles on cyber threats and development of global cyber policy to address events ranging from intrusions, malware, DDoS, unauthorized access, insider attacks, and loss of proprietary information.
As a Cyber Threat Intelligence Senior Analyst, you'll develop expertise on internal cyber network operations, emerging cyber threats and trends, and the evolving policy and regulatory framework related to cyber security. This position resides within the Strategic cell of CTI with Team Members providing regional and functional analytic support focused on wide-range of cyber threat actors. Tracking and monitoring threat actors, groups, their tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) and researching internal and external threat vectors to enhance Target's cyber defenses are primary duties within this role.
The Sr. Analyst will also develop and assist with drafting, editing, critiquing, and proofreading threat intelligence estimates, briefs, assessments, and memorandums for analysis and production for executive leadership and key security teams within the organization. The Sr. Analyst will work closely with functional senior leaders to ensure threat intelligence outputs are aligned to prioritized business risks. As this position sits with Target's Cyber Fusion Center (CFC), you will partner with the incident response team and investigations team to understand active incidents and support technical analysis of malicious cyber security events.
Desired Competencies & Experience:
- BA or BS degree in International Relations, Security Studies, Intelligence Studies, Political Science, Cyber Security or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 3+ years of experience with all-source information analysis (preferably with Cyber Intelligence)
- Experience with collecting, analyzing, and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data from multiple sources
- Experience with collecting, analyzing, and interpreting technical and non-technical data from multiple sources
- Ability to apply the Cyber Kill Chain and Diamond Models to track campaigns and identify control gaps
- Ability to develop specific expertise, discern patterns of complex threat actor behavior, and communicate an understanding of current and developing Cyber threats
- Experience with information technology, computer network operations, information operations, information warfare, or cyber topics
- Knowledge of current hacking techniques, vulnerability disclosures, data breach incidents, and security analysis techniques
- Familiarity with link-analysis methods and software (Maltego, Palantir, Analyst Notebook)
- Can apply a variety of structured analytic techniques to generate and test a hypothesis, assess cause and effect, challenge analysis, and support decision making
- Considerable working knowledge in one or more of the following topics: Cyber Crime, Point-of-Sale Malware, Third Party Risks/Threats, Extremist Groups and Cyber Terrorists, Hacktivism, Distributed Denial of Service Attacks, Malware, Mobile or Emerging Threats, Social Engineering, Insider Threats
- Ability to write high-quality intelligence assessments and briefings for a senior-level audience
Useful Experience & Training:
- Exposure to both intelligence analysis and technical information security
- Ability to leverage well-honed online researching expertise to identify and navigate relevant online forums, including Web sites, social media, and traditional sources to support research and analysis
- Experience with targeting or analysis
- Network+, Security+, or CEH Certification
Meet Some of Target's Employees
Lead Software Engineer
Roberto is a Lead Software Engineer in the application development space for Target. He leverages the Java stack to build scalable systems and ensures that Target’s product teams are using continuous integration to deliver high-quality applications.
Back to top