Assets Protection Lead
Description: ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say, "I love Target!" When you work at Target, you're helping every family discover the joy in everyday life. You're working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. You will deliver a destination shopping experience by providing a safe and secure environment for our guests and mitigate shortage risks in order to drive sales.
ALL ABOUT ASSETS PROTECTION
AP teams function to provide a safe and secure environment for our team members and guests and meet financial goals of shortage and profitability in a Target store. AP teams will do this by leading a physical security and safety culture and responding to crisis events, investigating and resolving theft, and creating awareness and educating team members on operational shortage priorities.
At Target we believe in our team members having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career. The role of an Assets Protection Lead can provide you with the:
• Ability to lead a safe and secure culture, including crisis response, a strong safety environment and crowd management planning, providing support to both guests and team members
• Skills in planning department(s) AP daily/weekly workload priorities to support business priorities and deliver on goals
• Knowledge in how to respond to external theft incidents and how to prevent future theft
• Experience identifying strategic resolutions of external theft and fraud and apprehending individuals attempting to cause a loss, in accordance with Target policy
• Experience partnering, educating and supporting store business leaders on operational shortage priorities
As an Assets Protection Lead no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
• Know your role in supporting total store sales and increase profitability by ensuring product is in stock and available to our guests.
• Lead, influence and validate a safe and secure culture by driving physical security and safety processes; lead store response and emergency crisis situations, and create plans for in-store events. Educate store leaders and teams on emergency preparedness and physical security procedures.
• Identify theft and shortage trends in your store.
• Identify shortage risks in key divisions and work with other leaders to develop tactics that will reduce shortage and drive profitable sales.
• Work a schedule that aligns to guest and business needs (this includes early morning, evening, overnight shifts and weekends).
• Own the prevention, identification and resolution of external theft incidents.
• Build a close partnership with the Store Director.
• Support internal investigations led by an AP leader in your market and/or your leader.
• Educate and support store teams on operational shortage priorities.
• Communicate, influence and educate AP priorities to your peers and leadership.
• Own and model the safety culture in store by recognizing safe behaviors and identifying and resolving safety hazards and unsafe behaviors. Investigate injuries that occur to determine root cause and resolved through appropriate action plans and partnerships.
• Execute strategies led by your business partner to deliver business results while prioritizing the guest experience.
• Influence a culture of accountability and awareness of AP priorities with clear expectations.
• Maintain all required training.
• Act as first responder for in-store incidents (e.g., security, weather, etc.).
• Provide service and a shopping experience that meets the needs of the guest.
• Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety, and compliance.
• All other duties based on business needs.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
• Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited.... We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
• Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you.... That's why we love working at Target
• Stocking, Setting and Selling Target product sounds like your thing... That's the core of what we do
• You aren't looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day... We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be an Assets Protection Lead. But there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
• High school degree or equivalent
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• Previous retail and/or loss prevention experience preferred, but not required
• Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team members
• Learn and adapt to current technology needs
• Effective communication skills
• Work both independently and with a team
• Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
• Interpret instructions, reports and information
• Climb up and down ladders
• Apprehend subjects in accordance with company policy
• Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
• Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Back to top