- Owns Tapingo’s accounts payables streams and associated expenses
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Owns monthly expense/AP close including quantitative analysis, account reconciliations and generation of journal entries.
- Ensures accurate GAAP reporting and compliance of key controls while proactively improving processes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Assists with annual audits and preparation of reporting analytics.
- Collaborates with Engineering, Sales and Technical Operations to ensure we have the data we need to reconcile and bill customers.
- Assists with other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a finance-related field. Accounting preferred.
- At least 1 year hands-on experience in an accounting role.
- A fundamental understanding of Accounts Payables.
- Strong Excel skills including Pivot Tables.
- Amazing communications and collaboration skills with both finance and non-finance teams.
- Experience with QuickBooks or similar GL software.
- Excellent attention to detail and a love for problem solving.
- Discretion and confidentiality.
- Self-starter; ability to work independently.
- An awesome team player.
- CPA: Big 4
- Experience as an administrator in Bill.com and Expensify (or equivalent software)
- SQL knowledge
- Competitive salaries
- Apple or PC equipment...your choice
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly happy hour
- A voice
Meet Some of Tapingo's Employees
Sophie works closely with the Sales Team. Once they’ve closed a deal, she takes the new client through the deployment process and then manages the ongoing relationship.
Back to top