The way we buy things needs to change. Technology should lift the burden of wasted time and unclear choices, leaving consumers to get what they want, when they want it, where they want it.
At Tapingo, we aren't waiting for this future. We're creating it. And if you're into a future where humans are free to pursue important human things rather than being stifled by bureaucracy and inefficiency, we'd love to meet you.
Right now, Tapingo is looking for an Office Manager who will keep our office FUN and support our employees with anything they need to do their best work! You'll be responsible for a variety of tasks, from assisting in creating procedures and systems, organizing products and supplies, managing various web applications, planning corporate off-sites, to helping onboard new team members and planning special events for the team.
You're a perfect fit if you're a hyper organized and proactive individual with a strong attention to detail. Extra points if you’re someone who enjoys scheduling meetings, clearing out inboxes, and handling other minor tasks for the team!
The Office Manager must be an energetic, personable and trustworthy problem solver – someone who is dedicated to a high standard of work on a daily basis.
Why should you join us?
- We believe that the office environment is super important; you can play a pivotal role in helping us to design and maintain our culture.
- We want to work as a team to advance your skills and productivity.
- We understand that you should be rewarded for your abilities.
- We are fun, informal, smart, and driven.
- Be the first person to warmly greet visitors and assist them with their appointment.
- Serve as the go-to person for all day-to-day office needs, including alarm and key responsibilities.
- Be responsible for ordering snack foods, catered lunches, and beverages to fully stock our kitchens.
- Coordinate company sponsored group activities, happy hours, holiday parties, off-site team meetings, team building events, etc.
- Manage all vendor relationships flawlessly, negotiate pricing fiercely.
- Manage acquisition of all office services and equipment, ensuring the proper function of all office equipment.
- Work closely with senior staff to roll out and provide office perks for employees.
- Assist with onboarding new hires to ensure their experience is positive.
- Assist with scheduling meetings and management of exec schedules, as needed.
- Email, scanning/faxing, some filing, possibly some light bookkeeping and budgeting.
- Maintain a clean, organized, functional and comfortable office space, gently encouraging others to do the same.
- Manage janitorial staff person and work with building management team.
- Help preparing budgets and expense reports (comfort with Excel is a big plus!)
- Additional duties as assigned.
What are you like?
- You have a passion for Tapingo and its employees!
- 2+ years of office administration, special events, human resources and/or management experience.
- A friendly and upbeat person that’s detail oriented and thrives in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
- Tech savvy and ability to problem solve basic office IT issues.
- Previous office management or similar experience in a space large enough for 30 to a gazillion employees.
- Self-driven and high energy, with a willingness to learn new things and take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Can work well independently and with various team and diverse personalities.
- Experience with Word, PowerPoint or Excel or the equivalent Google tools.
- Excellent written & communication skills.
- Eager to gain experience at a startup, strong desire to assist others and take on additional responsibilities.
- Ability to work some weekends and holidays as needed, as well as a standard 8:30am to 5:30pm schedule with some overtime as needed.
- Full medical/dental/vision benefits
- 3 weeks' vacation + 10 paid holidays
- Fresh food, snacks & drinks, plus a weekly lunch
- Apple or PC equipment
- Cool office space near the ballpark!
- Monthly happy hour
- Opportunity to be mentored in a career path including HR, project management, or other paths that you're interested in. You will grow as we do!
- Must be legally allowed to work in USA
- Must be located in (or be willing to move to) San Francisco area
- May need to work some evenings, holidays, and weekends
Back to top