Tapingo is a platform that powers the local commerce in and around US college campuses.
This means we control and operate all sides of the marketplace - students buy on Tapingo to save time and money, they work on Tapingo to make money and merchants sell on Tapingo to grow their business.
This unique market position, allows us to hold the perfect mix of a B2C and B2B applications achieving full logistical and operational dominance - forming a new type of ecosystem.
As the leader of the Infrastructure Team, you will have full ownership of Tapingo's Engineering infrastructure - the foundation for every service / product we've ever built and our day-to-day operations.
You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on career development.
You will design, build and scale a distributed system that serves millions of users processing hundreds of millions of dollars using cutting edge technologies.
As a senior engineering leader, you will be expected to have a strong business and product understanding and a strong voice especially with regards to your product roadmaps and feature development.
You'll work with all the R&D teams and strategic business stakeholders to help shape and build the company's future.
Above all, your work will have an immediate impact the way people experiences local commerce.
You will work from our awesome office in Tel Aviv.
- 6+ years as a full-stack developer or several front- and back-end positions.
- 4+ years in an engineering leader/manager position
- Experience with a leading complex backend infrastructure projects
- Mastery of at least one Object Oriented language (Python, Node.js and Go is a big plus)
- Proven experience in modern system design principles and technologies (SOA / Microservices architecture, Container Orchestration via K8 / ECS, CI/ CD pipelines, etc)
- Product-oriented and problem-solving personality.
- Great communication skills.