The way we buy things needs to change. Technology should lift the burden of wasted time and unclear choices, leaving consumers to get what they want, when they want it, where they want it. At Tapingo, we aren't waiting for this future. We're creating it. And if you're into a future where humans are free to pursue important human things rather than being stifled by bureaucracy and inefficiency, we'd love to meet you.
Right now, Tapingo is looking for a Controller to lead its accounting team. We’re looking for someone with a positive attitude and a desire to build and strengthen our accounting team, systems and processes.
- Manage all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee internal and external reporting, accounts payable and receivable, fixed asset management and tax compliance.
- Review and record journal entries required to accurately reflect monthly activity.
- Preparation/review of consolidation, workbooks, files and reconciliations supporting the monthly close process and month end balances.
- Review of the monthly operating results, analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions where Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls.
- Maintain an up to date accounting policy manual.
- Preparation of annual financial statements and related footnotes.
- Manage the relationship with external auditors.
- Direct the preparation and timely filing of all required tax returns and other statutory filings.
- Ensure accurate GAAP reporting and compliance of key controls while proactively improving processes
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business administration.
- Minimum 10 years of US GAAP accounting experience.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting, tax, regulatory requirements, and inter-company transactions.
- Knowledge of international consolidation/transfer pricing/intercompany accounting.
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Proven record of managing and motivating an accounting team.
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects while simultaneously meeting all goals and deadlines.
- Experience with financial modeling (FP&A).
- Superb Excel skills; SQL knowledge.
- Amazing communications and collaboration skills with both finance and non-finance teams.
- Excellent attention to detail and a love for problem solving.
- An awesome team player.
- CPA preferred, Big 4 experience a plus.
- Experience with ERP implementation.
- Experience with QuickBooks, Bill.com, Expensify & Tableau.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a controller or assistant controller.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a technology start-up company.
- Competitive salaries
- Apple or PC equipment...your choice
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Monthly happy hour
- A voice
Back to top