Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Tapingo is a market leader in mobile food ordering, which competes with big names like UberEats and Doordash. We focus on the unique though large space of US college campuses, where we unquestionably dominate the market, and we are growing like crazy. With our addictive service, we allow our users to stop waiting in lines, and order food ahead from a local set of merchants - on and off campus. Students lead time-constrained lives on campus, and we allow them to regain control of their time, by making food simple as it should be - either by ordering for pickup, or having food be delivered to them. This focus has positioned us as the #1 food pickup service in the states in terms of volume.
Tapingo is uniquely positioned to create a truly innovative operating system for our shops, allowing them to hit new levels of operational efficiency, customer satisfaction, and overall business success. With a new product line that is gaining massive traction, the Tapingo experience and ecosystem is affecting the lives of a substantial portion of US students.
What you'll be working on
- Develop and maintain the platform that runs all of Tapingo's services
- Scale a system that serves millions of users, processing hundreds of millions of dollars yearly using cutting edge technologies
- Build performant, highly available distributed services
- Build developer tools, frameworks and cloud automation software to be used by all engineering teams
- Continuously improve our software delivery processes
- Drive initiatives for adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices and new technologies
- Conduct root cause analysis on production issues with other teams
- Deep understanding of distributed systems (cap theorem, durability, fault-tolerance, consensus, etc)
- Experience with technologies that make up the new "cloud native" stack. This includes Kubernetes, Docker, and Go
- Experience designing, building and operating highly available distributed systems
- Experience identifying, tuning & eliminating performance bottlenecks
- A passion for software architecture & clean code
You will be working closely with engineering teams, understand their needs and have a direct impact on the design and execution process with high level of quality.
Above all, your work will have an immediate impact the way people experience local commerce.
You will work from our awesome office in Tel Aviv.
Back to top