Tapingo is a market leader in mobile food ordering. We focus on the unique though large space of US college campuses, where we unquestionably dominate the market, and we are growing like crazy. With our addictive service, we allow our users to stop waiting in lines, and order food ahead from a local set of merchants - on and off campus. Students lead time-constrained lives on campus, and we allow them to regain control of their time, by making food simple as it should be - either by ordering for pickup, or having food be delivered to them. This focus has positioned us as the #1 food pickup service in the states in terms of volume.
Tapingo is uniquely positioned to create a truly innovative operating system for our shops, allowing them to hit new levels of operational efficiency, customer satisfaction, and overall business success. With a new product line that is gaining massive traction, the Tapingo experience and ecosystem is affecting the lives of a substantial portion of US students.
As a Backend Engineer at Tapingo you'll be building and scaling a distributed system that serves millions of users processing hundreds of millions of dollars using cutting edge technologies.
You will plan, design and build intelligent back-end solutions; bind these solutions to our front-end infrastructure; and monitor, test and continuously improve your work. You will also have the opportunity to hack on what you want during our regular 20% hacking sprints.
You will be working closely with product teams, understand their needs and have a direct impact on the design and execution process with high level of quality.
Above all, your work will have an immediate impact the way people experiences local commerce.
You will work from our awesome office in Tel Aviv.
- 3+ years as a backend engineer
- Experience with Cloud Architecture, Distributed Systems, Queueing System, etc’.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL DB's
- Experience building high-traffic systems
- Product oriented and problem solving personality.
- Ability to mentor and act as a knowledge base for fellow’s team members.
- Experience with modern system design principles such as microservices architecture, CI/CD pipelines - advantage
- Experience with AWS
- Previous experience with high scale startups