Business Development Representative, Outbound
The SDR position reports to the Enterpise Sales Director and is responsible for strategically growing TapInfluence’s business. In this position, you will cultivate relationships with brand and agency leaders, communicate the value of our influencer marketing solutions, and schedule pre-qualified appointments for Account Executives.
This role requires excellent verbal skills, a tenacious work ethic, emotional intelligence to connect with prospects easily, and lots of courage/composure under pressure. Moreover, a mastery of creative selling skills is necessary to enable you to forge relationships with a diverse array of potential customers. This role combines phone work, email composition, lead generation, sales strategy, marketing acumen, social selling, and other B2B sales skills. Therefore, candidates must be able to show proven results and have experience working in an agile, high-growth startup environment.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Making primarily cold (and sometimes warm) sales phone calls to prospects
- Sending custom emails to prospects
- Utilizing a value-based selling approach - uncovering potential business opportunities
- Communicating with multiple influences in prospective accounts, including C-level executives
- Building relationships with Fortune 500 Brand and Agency leaders
- Working with and maximizing our suite of automation solutions
- Online social-selling
- Securing qualified appointments for Account Executives
- Overcoming objections, generating interest, and persistently pursuing business development
- Coordinating with AEs, SDRs, the Sales Director, Revenue Operations, and other leaders
- Creating prospecting lists, profiling accounts, and always moving business forward
- Help design and refine a repeatable, scalable process for outbound sales development
- Achieving monthly and quarterly sales quotas
What We Would Require of You:
- Experience with complex sales development and account mapping
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Customer service and sales experience and skills
- Experience meeting and exceeding goals - professionally and/or personally
- Telephone experience and skills
- Solid prospecting and pipeline management skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working positively in a team environment and coordinating outreach/follow up with other sales representatives
- Familiarity and confidence using Salesforce and other sales tools
With consumers no longer responding to traditional digital advertising, marketers are emphatically shifting their budgets to influencer marketing, which is conservatively predicted to reach north of $8 billion within five years. With its industry-first, proprietary automation platform, TapInfluence enables the world’s largest brands and agencies to achieve unprecedented scale and hard ROI from influencer marketing. Making marketing work again.
Data-led and tech-powered, TapInfluence is redefining marketing and driving brand success by directly tying online conversations to commerce with more expertise than any other influencer marketing platform on the market. TapInfluence is helping brands increase market share and amplify revenue growth by delivering scalable reach, optimal engagement, consumer trust and unprecedented ROI. TapInfluence’s leading edge SaaS platform allows marketers to automate the time-consuming process of identifying and engaging with relevant digital influencers, and collaborating with them to create compelling content that motivates consumers to take action.
Our customers includes a who’s who of leading brands, such as Express, SunTrust, and WhiteWave Foods and top agencies such as Golin, RhythmOne, and Ketchum, among others. Through Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, Vine and blogs, TapInfluence reaches over 1 billion consumers globally.
This role is either a permanent or a temporary to permanent role. The first 90 days being hourly, with the option to be converted at any point if hired as a temp-to-perm. Consideration depends on experience as an outbound SDR.
We would also like to take this opportunity to reaffirm our policy of accepting applicants without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex or age. In addition to a competitive salary we have a generous stock option plan, excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, a 401k, sabbatical plan, a relaxed dress code, free lunch every day, and MacBook computers. Oh yeah, and an awesome team you want to win with!
Meet Some of TapInfluence's Employees
Business Development Representative
Nick finds companies that are a good fit for the influencer marketing industry and could benefit from TapInfluence’s products and services, developing leads for the Sales Team.
Back to top