Territory Manager - Wisconsin
TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking a Territory Sales Manager for our Wisconsin territory. This person sells products for manufacturer or distributor to business and industrial establishments, or individuals at sales offices, stores, or showrooms.
Summary of Essential Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Additional duties may also be assigned.
- Inspect residential and commercial roofs.
- Teach others the proper installation of roofing materials.
- Conduct meetings and speak before groups.
- Write reports and various types of correspondence.
- Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate activities and services to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Travel throughout the assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Display or demonstrate product, using samples or catalog, and emphasize salable features.
- Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepare reports of business transactions and keep expense accounts.
- Work with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Coordinate customer training.
- Develop and maintain relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or at least four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license. Required travel by air transportation in and out of assigned territory. Position requires overnight stays away from home.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include acuity sufficient for driving an automobile and truck, minimal color discrimination, and accurate depth perception.
- Frequent extended work hours.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Meet Some of TAMKO's Employees
Director of Builder/Contractor Relations
Alex directs the Sales Team in reaching out to companies specializing in new construction, re-roofing, and repair, discussing with these potential customers how TAMKO products can serve their needs.
Back to top