Territory Manager - Decking - Indianapolis
TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking a Territory Manager - Decking for our Indianapolis territory. This person sells products for manufacturer or distributor to business and industrial establishments, or individuals at sales offices, stores, or showrooms.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Additional duties may also be assigned.
- Sell products for manufacturer or distributor to business and industrial establishments, and individuals at sales offices, stores or showrooms.
- Develop profitable new business and grow sales in existing accounts.
- Conduct meetings and speak before groups.
Write reports and various types of correspondence.
- Plan, organize, direct, control or coordinate activities and services to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites and other sources.
- Travel throughout the assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Display or demonstrate product, using samples or catalog and emphasize salable features.
- Quote prices and credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of company’s production and delivery schedules.
- Prepare reports of business transactions and keep expense accounts.
- Work with inside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Coordinate customer training.
- Develop and maintain relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems with deliveries.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university.
- At least three years of successful sales experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license. Travel by air transportation in and out of assigned territory and overnight stays away from home required.
- Sales experience in decking, residential, or commercial construction products a plus, but not required.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle and feel, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
Meet Some of TAMKO's Employees
Director of Builder/Contractor Relations
Alex directs the Sales Team in reaching out to companies specializing in new construction, re-roofing, and repair, discussing with these potential customers how TAMKO products can serve their needs.
Back to top