Shift Technical Operator
TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking a Shift Technical Operator for the Rangeline Facility in Joplin, Missouri. The Shift Technical Operator will alternate weeks with the Lead Shift Technical Operator to operate the machine. This is a position requiring a high level of flexibility, mechanical aptitude, and the ability to operate all equipment and positions on the line including the line operator position. This person will be utilized as additional manpower in all areas and to assist maintenance personnel on assigned projects. It is expected that this person would be capable of troubleshooting process problems, conducting process checks and assisting maintenance personnel in troubleshooting and correcting problem areas (mechanical and electrical). Housekeeping responsibilities would be an important part of the job. Preventive maintenance and maintenance activities could be required as well as other duties depending on the needs of the operations. Persons filling this position will not be limited to any shift, but will be assigned to any crew, as needed.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Additional duties may also be assigned.
- Operate the Glass Plant Mat machine including the HMI controls, fiber feed, winder and roll handling.
- Perform and document all necessary finished product quality and control tests.
- Maintain and monitor all laboratory weighing and control equipment.
- Utilize information provided by weight monitoring and control unit to analyze the process.
- Maintain records of analysis and enter raw material usage into the computer.
- Assist with control of water chemistry.
- Operate forklift and transport materials
- Maintain hoppers to make sure hoppers have glass in them. Open fiberglass boxes and place on the conveyors. Bundle bags, stack empty totes and boxes, and load when needed.
- Blow down hoppers, clean chains and sprockets.
- Clean lab, winder, roll handing and fiber feed areas.
- Check scales for amount of fibers in hoppers.
- Load trucks from the line
- Monitor dispersant and defoamer addition.
- Monitor viscosity modifier mixing and addition.
- Use proper lockout, confined space and PPE when circumstances warrant.
- Ship product via SAP.
- Work rotating shift schedule and overtime hours, as needed.
- Assist with scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. Assist in all areas of the plant on clean up days.
- Assist with special projects of a research and development or quality improvement nature.
- Assist in all wire changes.
- Assist in the refinery as needed.
- Run the rewinder as needed
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Mechanical experience and/or training preferred.
- Valid driver’s license
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required maintain and operate heavy machinery as well as move about the plant floor.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- This job is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes, odors and airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme heat/cold, vibration and confined spaces. The employee is occasionally exposed to acidic and/or caustic chemicals. A respirator may be required at times. The noise level in the work environment varies from loud to quiet, with hearing protection provided.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan and other benefits.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Meet Some of TAMKO's Employees
Director of Builder/Contractor Relations
Alex directs the Sales Team in reaching out to companies specializing in new construction, re-roofing, and repair, discussing with these potential customers how TAMKO products can serve their needs.
Back to top