Senior Systems Engineer - Operations
TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer at our facility in Irving, Texas with a focus in Microsoft System Center. The Senior Systems Engineer’s role is to design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune production infrastructure server systems while ensuring high levels of availability. This individual is also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing server/system policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of servers and their associated applications/systems software.
Summary of Essential Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Additional duties may also be assigned.
- Serve as primary SCCM administrator, including any tasks involving maintenance, upgrades, server and client health, managing deployments, training staff, and general troubleshooting.
- Administer and support WSUS environment, including approving, testing, and deploying updates via WSUS in SCCM and troubleshooting failed updates; maintenance windows and staggered updates deployments.
- Provide incident and problem management support and proactively identify the shortcomings and provide solutions for sustained and predictable delivery of operational tasks.
- Use technical expertise in Windows, PowerShell, SCCM, SQL, and WMI as well as other enterprise applications to automate manual tasks.
- Identify system problems and recommend solutions to improve processing efficiency and stability. Assist in building, implementing and improving processes related with day-to-day Service Delivery Operations.
- Collaborate with other technology and groups within the organization to provide and support new systems and cross-team functional solutions aligning with business strategies.
- Document relevant systems and cross-train team members on new projects and supported technologies.
- Assure proper monitoring and alerting of all systems devices including performance and load threshold metering.
- Participate in scheduled maintenance during non-peak (or non-business) hours.
- Install and configure and maintain server operating systems and repair server hardware, as necessary.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on all hardware on a routine and scheduled basis.
- Manage network system backups and provide a comprehensive disaster recovery plan for server services.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning, testing and response.
- Limited travel will be required to remote facilities for hardware deployments and system upgrades.
- Maintain production systems environment according to company SLAs
- Monitor and respond to alerting of production systems environment and troubleshoot issues as necessary.
- Provide a point of escalation and support to the Help Desk services team.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years working experience and intimate proficiency with Microsoft System Center administration and troubleshooting in a multi-site environment.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years working experience and expert knowledge of Active Directory administration and troubleshooting.
- On-call availability as needed.
- Provide 24/7 on-call support for server environments.
- Weekend availability as needed.
- Exchange migration experience.
- Must have 5 years working experience supporting, maintaining and administering core Microsoft technologies including Windows Server.
- Must have 3 years working experience supporting, maintaining and administering VMware ESX technologies.
- Sound working knowledge of Internet/Intranet technologies including security features.
- Sound working knowledge of network infrastructure and operations, including switching, routing, Ethernet, TCP/IP.
- Sound working knowledge of remote access technology.
- Proficient and familiar with MS Office Professional Suite including the ability to fluently use Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Working experience of Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience and a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems, or related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- Additional Product Experience a Plus: TrendMicro IMSS, Symantec AV, Antigen/Forefront AV, Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery and Backup Exec Server for Windows, Veeam, MS Visio, Project, Windows 7, 8, SharePoint, WSS, Microsoft technologies: WSUS, SCOM, SCCM, VMware ESX 4.0+, Microsoft Office 2003+, Preferred: Microsoft Exchange Certifications, Preferred: Active Directory Certifications, Preferred: Microsoft Windows Server Certifications, Preferred: VMware ESX Certifications
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical requirements/work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods; must be able to operate a computer and other forms of office technology; must be able to effectively communicate.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
Meet Some of TAMKO's Employees
Six Sigma Black Belt
Rachel is currently undergoing TAMKO’s Six Sigma Black Belt training to implement plant improvement processes. Upon completion of the program, she will move into a management or director role.
Back to top