Reliability Engineer - Phillipsburg, KS
TAMKO Building Products LLC is seeking a Reliability Engineer at our Phillipsburg, Kansas facility. The Reliability Engineer will manage projects specifically intended to integrate the reliability program into TAMKO’s business model. Key areas of responsibility include the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) improvements, equipment design analysis and all aspects of maintenance program management at the plant level.
Summary of essential job functions
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Draft failure mode and effect analysis sheets or formulate mathematical models to identify units posing excessive failure risks and support proposed changes in design
- Enter data to simulate electrical inputs, transient conditions, temperature, stress and other factors to develop computer models, and analyze and adjust design to predict and improve system reliability
- Advise and confer with engineers in design review meetings to give reliability findings and recommendations
- Determine units requiring environmental testing and specify minimum number of samples to obtain statistically valid data
- Review engineering specifications/drawings and propose design modifications to improve reliability within cost and other performance requirements
- Monitor failure data generated by customer
- Partner with various manufacturing locations to define structure lists and develop bills of materials
- Define condition monitoring inspection requirements
- Assist in developing the Failure Code Catalogue and technical database
- Develop a maintenance continuing education program
- Assist reliability management in periodically analyzing costs and provide recommendations to reduce maintenance costs
- Conduct planning and scheduling training to ensure functional processes are maintained
- Communicate with the reliability manager on all abnormal or critical situations, and seek advice on matters outside the planner’s knowledge or authority
- Maintain necessary records and files
- Prepare and distribute meaningful and accurate control reports
- Analyze preliminary plans and develop reliability engineering programs to achieve customer objectives
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering (Mechanical Engr preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, preventive and predictive maintenance systems, and condition monitoring and fixed time maintenance strategies
- Basic SAP maintenance planning and scheduling knowledge preferred
- Advanced knowledge of parts inventory management, and mechanical and electrical equipment design reliability principles
- Basic knowledge of Statistical Process Control and Six Sigma methodology (DMAIC)
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high and/or precarious places, fumes and airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat, and confined spaces. A respirator may be required at times. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
Back to top