TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking a Reliability Engineer at our facility in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The Reliability Engineer will lead and champion effort to identify and eliminate equipment failures through Preventative Maintenance, Root Cause Problem Elimination, design and application of reliability improvement standards, ongoing training, education and equipment modifications
Summary of essential job functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct and supervise reliability program activities designed to achieve the goals of the plant reliability program.
- Assure predictive and preventative maintenance activities and support the overall reliability program.
- Manage and report KPIs detailing all the managed programs and activities’ execution and efficiency.
- Be a tireless, enthusiastic proponent and champion of equipment reliability and equipment reliability subject matter expert for the plant
- Work closely with purchasing, stores and engineering to ensure equipment reliability is considered throughout all project phases in facility engineering, equipment procurement and changes, maintenance vendor selection, spare part selection and stocking
- Develop and adopt standards that improve equipment reliability, including but not limited to areas such as PM, RCPE, equipment procurement, stocked parts, rebuilds by equipment type, installation, and work execution. Continuously work with maintenance and operations to educate, promote and increase adoption rate at the site
- Review modification, installation drawings and specifications, and recommend what preventative maintenance actions should be used for new installations and modifications
- Provide technical assistance to the maintenance and operations departments on equipment and reliability issues and technologies.
- Recommend innovative solutions to increase equipment and facility life and to reduce maintenance costs through the analysis of repetitive equipment failures and breakdowns
- Regularly audit program activities to determine the results of the reliability improvement program, with the objectives of extending equipment life and improving reliability and availability primarily and reducing maintenance and repair cost secondarily
- Perform Root Cause Problem Elimination for equipment failures
- Review condition monitoring reports and, when abnormal conditions exist, support recommendation for corrective action
- Audit the equipment structure list in CMMS and corresponding field labeling to assure all equipment is properly tagged, the data is accurate and suitable to meet the needs of the facility
- Alert the Maintenance and Operations Manager to situations of equipment and facility abuse and operations practices which induces failures, reduces reliability or increases the equipment maintenance cost
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, preventive and predictive maintenance systems, and condition monitoring and fixed time maintenance strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of precision alignment and vibration analysis.
- Advanced SAP maintenance planning and scheduling knowledge preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of parts inventory management, and mechanical and electrical equipment design reliability principles.
- Basic knowledge of Statistical Process Control and Six Sigma methodology (DMAIC) preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Computer Maintenance Management System (SAP) preferred. Experience with SAP and associated functions as the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) preferred.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high and/or precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat and confined spaces. A respirator may be required at times. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
Meet Some of TAMKO's Employees
Director of Builder/Contractor Relations
Alex directs the Sales Team in reaching out to companies specializing in new construction, re-roofing, and repair, discussing with these potential customers how TAMKO products can serve their needs.
Back to top