Project Manager II
TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking a Project Manager II at its offices in Joplin, Missouri. This role is responsible for managing business and IT projects and may participate in the management of the project portfolio.
Summary of Essential Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Additional duties may also be assigned.
- Managing individual IT projects, finances, and resources within the portfolio.
- Planning, delivery and financial management of the project portfolio.
- Recruitment and selection of project resources.
- Meeting portfolio and project performance targets.
- Effective supplier relationship management and partnership working where projects are delivered jointly or project delivery is outsourced.
- Ensure appropriate governance is in place for all projects so that accountabilities and responsibilities are clear.
- Work with the sponsor to ensure project delivery budgets and timelines are realistic.
- Manage change in IT portfolio and project direction, scope, benefits, costs, and timing while minimizing financial risks and business impacts.
- Identify and manage IT portfolio and project risks.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and track project timelines, milestones, and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Four year University degree or College diploma or equivilant work experience.
- 5+ years of strong project organization and management skills – Project Management Institute (PMI), Capability and Maturity Models (CMM) and/or Six-Sigma certifications or experience a plus.
- 5+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Experience managing infrastructure projects.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Project and Project Server by Microsoft.
- Competent and proficient understanding of platforms, such as SAP and Microsoft Office.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical requirements/work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods; must be able to operate a computer and other forms of office technology; must be able to effectively communicate.
- The employee must regularly move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and occasionally moderate.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Meet Some of TAMKO's Employees
Six Sigma Black Belt
Rachel is currently undergoing TAMKO’s Six Sigma Black Belt training to implement plant improvement processes. Upon completion of the program, she will move into a management or director role.
Back to top