TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking a Project Engineer at our Dallas, Texas. The Project Engineer is responsible for the effective planning and coordination of all plant assigned projects. The Project Engineer is a productive member of plant leadership, and acts as a subject matter expert for the Plant General Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Design, produce, maintain and improve all kinds of mechanical devices, components, engines and systems. Examples include transportation equipment, environmental control systems, materials handling systems, machine tools, robots, and automated manufacturing equipment.
• Advanced knowledge and experience using power conversion systems ranging from internal combustion engines to large power-generating stations.
• Comprehend forms of energy needed to produce motion or heat - solar, water, wind and nuclear energy as well as conventional fuels.
• Strong drafting skills. Using CAD (drafting software) Project Engineer should be capable to develop new types of automated systems and technologies to improve plant processes and gain productivity.
• Responsible to select or develop the testing apparatus and procedures to be used to ensure quality of design work and project execution.
• Design, install and operate complex manufacturing systems made up of people, materials, robotics and other automated equipment. Along with this, Project Engineer is responsible to develop preventive maintenance schedules and procedures.
• Advanced knowledge of equipment design of mechanical/electrical systems and other equipment capabilities.
• Experience operating CAD, SAP, Microsoft Project, Blueprint and Microsoft Suite.
• Advanced knowledge of Statistical Process Control and Six Sigma (DMAIC) and standard costing
• Participate in monthly and quarterly reviews related to budget planning and capital projects.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering, safety, and maintenance drawings and procedures
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related field.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this Job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel and reach. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high and/or precarious places, fumes, airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme cold and heat, and confined spaces. A respirator may be required at times. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
- Bachelors or better in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of project management experience in an industrial or technical organization.
Experience in project design and implementation to include, drawing experience, technical calculations, and equipment selection.
Prior leadership of salaried and hourly employees in a manufacturing environment and good oral and written communication skills are preferred.
Meet Some of TAMKO's Employees
Corporate Director, Supply Chain Management
Rob is responsible for overseeing Tamko’s ever-changing supply-and-demand process. He organizes everything, from purchasing and order entry to incoming and outgoing logistics.
Back to top