TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking a Project Engineer at our Engineering and Construction facility in Webb City, Missouri. The Project Engineer will direct, coordinate and exercise functional authority for estimating, designing, planning, organizing, controlling, integrating, and completing quality engineering solutions and projects to support manufacturing and corporate facilities and systems.
Summary of Essential Duties
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Understand fundamental knowledge of manufacturing systems.
• Understand fundamentals of project management.
• Ability to solve problems/troubleshoot.
• Ability to plan/prioritize tasks.
• Good oral and written communication.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Highly motivated.
• Analytical thinker.
• Creative thinker (ability to think “outside the box”).
• Advanced knowledge of equipment design of mechanical/electrical systems.
• Experience operating CAD, Microsoft Project, Blueprint and Microsoft Suite.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering. Prior experience in project engineering/management preferred.
• DDI Training: Coaching for Success, Leading High Performance Teams, Resolving Conflict.
• Equipment seminars/tradeshows as required.
• 30 hour OSHA training.
• Travel required 25-35%.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Effectively manage capital projects and/or maintenance work-orders to include:
o Obtain Project Charter document for all projects. Avoid scope creep and keep projects focused.
o Determine equipment/process/system design and specifications IAW engineering principles, customer contract requirements, code requirements, laws, and other appropriate requirements.
o Accurately estimate, track, communicate, and control project budget. Obtain equipment and contractor quotes. Pursue cost savings in all areas.
o Accurately plan, track, coordinate, communicate and comply with project timeline to include identifying critical path and key milestones.
o Accurately determine material requirements for each phase of project. Proactively ensure material resources are available in a timely manner to support project.
o Provide direction to project work crews and drive project to completion. Coordinate activities and resources between customer and work crews. Manage project sub-contractors when necessary.
o Institute regular contact with stakeholders (process owner, work crews, contractors, and suppliers). Maintain detailed, complete, and timely records. Provide regular project updates to stakeholders.
o Provide or assist with preparation of cost justification for projects as required.
o Develop layouts (by using drafting software Auto CAD) for new or existing processes, products, or equipment. Approve drawing releases. Prepare interim project reports (as directed) and completion project report. Provide copies of all technical documentation (drawings, flow charts, manuals, etc.) to project owner.
• Demonstrate fundamental knowledge of appropriate project management and engineering tools (Microsoft Projects, AutoCAD, etc.) and engineering processes (budgeting, planning, etc.)
• Generate business for E&C by developing and maintaining relationships with key plant personnel and discussing potential projects while on site. Be customer oriented and remain engaged with the customer even after a job is complete.
• Perform other tasks as designated by the Engineering Manager of E&C.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this Job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel and reach. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high and/or precarious places, fumes, airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme cold and heat, and confined spaces. A respirator may be required at times. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
TAMKO® Building Products, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest independent manufacturers of residential and commercial roofing products (including MetalWorks® Steel Shingles), decking and railing products, waterproofing, cements and coatings. With 70 years in the industry, TAMKO’s success is the direct result of teamwork and enduring relationships with customers, suppliers and employees. Privately owned, TAMKO is committed to producing quality products with superior product support.
Back to top