Production Team Member
TAMKO Building Products LLC is seeking a Production Team Member at our plant in Phillipsburg, Kansas. The Production Team Member performs a range of tasks to include, but not limited to, driving powered industrial trucks equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel hook, fork grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials. This role may also be required to monitor conditions of inbound and or processed material of the manufacturing process and assist the manufacturing line from time to time.
Summary of essential job functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Performs pre-operation inspection of forklifts, loader and trucks; refuels vehicles.
- Operates forklifts to load finished goods and unload raw materials, including truck and rail car loading and unloading.
- Inventories finished goods, work in progress, and raw materials.
- Maintains 5S responsibilities in designated areas.
- Manually hand stacks finished goods, work in progress, and raw materials from time to time.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products or materials, or hooks tow trucks to trailer hitch, and transports load to designated area.
- Applies protection to products stored at remote areas.
- Weighs materials or products and records weight on tags, labels, or production schedules.
- Assists the manufacturing line as necessary from time to time.
- Works rotating shifts, including nights and weekends, and overtime as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Forklift operator experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally, with the assistance of another employee, lift and/ or move up to 100 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to position himself/herself to operate, inspect, troubleshoot, repair, and/or or maintain heavy plant equipment. This may require climbing stairs/ladders, bending, kneeling, crawling, and/or stooping.
- This job is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. While performing the duties of this job the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, odors, and airborne particles. The employee may be occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, heat, vibration, and confined spaces. The employee may be occasionally exposed to acidic or caustic chemicals. A respirator may be required at times.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, hearing protection is provided.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Meet Some of TAMKO's Employees
Rachel H.Director of Asphalt Processing
Upon completion of TAMKO’s Six Sigma Black Belt training, Rachel has been promoted to her current role of Director of Asphalt Processing, where she is responsible for optimizing and automating the way TAMKO processes our most expensive raw material at nine facilities.
Back to top