Process Technician B
TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking a Process Technician B to work at our Green Cove Springs, Florida facility. The Process Technician will setup, run, inspect, clean, assist in repairing and maintaining machinery on the back end of the production line; operate powered industrial trucks of various kinds in order to move raw material, finished goods, and supporting goods; communicate with team members in all levels of the organization; and assist in other areas as needed.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Assist in lace up of line and shipping, unloading of raw materials, and cements and coatings as directed.
- Understand and follow all TAMKO SOPs and the TAMKO playbook.
- Complete assigned operator care routes in a timely manner and complete all basic safety and 5s tasks assigned.
- Complete training on the back end to safely and effectively operate the back end of the Coated Roll Line and complete training and demonstrate proficiency on the front end to safely and effectively operate the front end of the Coated Role Line within 12 months.
- Quality Assurance – Monitor semi-finished goods and raw materials, perform quality tests, and communicate results to ensure quality in the finished product.
- Clean, inspect, and take responsibility for the maintenance and appearance of all machines and areas in the back end or front end of the production lines as assigned.
- Operate forklifts to move dry felt rolls, store finished product, unload raw materials, or assist as needed.
- Inspect, trim and load dry felt rolls onto the line.
- Scan all used rolls to track raw material usage.
- Operate the splicer, saturator, and all machinery safely and IAW all applicable SOPs.
- Ensure all CRL back End check sheets are completed on time.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Rotating 12 hour shifts, 7 day per week availability.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Manufacturing equipment and forklift experience desired.
- Valid driver’s license.
- OSHA training preferred.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical requirements/work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to operate several kinds of powered industrial vehicles such as forklifts, front end loaders and man lifts. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally, with the assistance of another employee, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This job is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, odors and airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme heat, vibration and confined spaces. The employee is occasionally exposed to acidic or caustic chemicals. A respirator may be required at times. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, with hearing protection provided.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan and other benefits.
Meet Some of TAMKO's Employees
Director of Builder/Contractor Relations
Alex directs the Sales Team in reaching out to companies specializing in new construction, re-roofing, and repair, discussing with these potential customers how TAMKO products can serve their needs.
Back to top