Operator I - Temporary
TAMKO Building Products LLC is seeking a temporary Operator I for its facility in Lamar, Missouri. This is a temporary position with the possibility of becoming full time. As instructed, the Operator I will utilize appropriate tools and resources in order to safely and efficiently produce quality decking and railing products.
Summary of Essential Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Follow anti-tampering, cleanliness and a demanding 5S mentality within the plant environment.
- Encourage and promote teamwork within the team and other shifts, take ownership of the process and encourage Team Members to do the same.
- Promote maximum productivity without sacrificing safety and quality.
- Follow guidance and direction given from Shift Leads and Supervisors.
- Maintain a safe work environment using the 5S philosophy as a guideline.
- Perform quality checks within the acceptable quality standards (color, dimensions, appearance, etc.)
- Track process parameters and record process data.
- Timely and accurately record material usage and finished goods counts.
- Perform general maintenance while also working closely with the maintenance department to ensure compliance.
- Follow existing training plans and comply with all CITI and Safety Training requirements.
- Effectively communicate process needs and improvements to Team Leaders, Supervisors, Managers, Engineers and Technicians.
- Use the proper chain of command in resolving any type of conflict or necessity.
- Adjust and troubleshoot all primary functions and downstream equipment to optimize throughput and quality.
- Work rotating shift schedule and overtime hours, as needed.
- Possess or be able to develop a comprehensive working knowledge of compression processes.
- Possess a continuous improvement mindset and give Supervisors, Team Leaders, Process Engineers, Process Technicians and Project Engineers complete cooperation in exceeding the process goals.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One to three months related experience and/or training preferred.
- Ability to comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to draft simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Must possess or be willing to develop the computer competency required to check email and enter maintenance requests.
- Forklift Certification as administered by employer.
- Entry level position - training for at least 6 months. Must be proficient in one process: Compression, Extrusion, Co-Ex, Tam-Rail, Material room or kitting (includes setup of all components and following MES.) to be promoted to North Level II Operator.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places, fumes, airborne particles, toxic and caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, vibration and confined spaces. A respirator may be required at times. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Back to top